kathleen_higgs

Ideas for Front Garden

Kathleen Higgs
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello!

Would love some help with how best to redesign/landscape the front of our house on a budget. We did have lots of yuccas and two palm trees here which we've had removed but the stumps remain. We removed them as we now have a little one and the leaves were just too spiky and sharp and the palm trees require a lot of maintenance.

One day we'd like to completely renovate the front and get a double garage in somewhere, at the moment we have a single carport - but we don't have the finances just now. There's a vast amount of wasted space in the paved courtyard. But the thing that really bothers me right now is this empty garden space. I'd love to use Australian native plants and make it look nice before we can afford to overhaul the whole front. We have a dry, hot climate and this areas gets full sun.

Here's the front of our house - we have since removed the trees and painted the fence and letterbox a deep, ocean blue.

The big empty courtyard, before trees were removed and fence painted.

Here you can see the front door - the shutters on the left cover our living room and on the right is our master bedroom.

Here's the front garden with trees removed. The fountain on the wall here doesn't work. I'm thinking possibly growing a hedge to hide the green fence, maybe with lily pillys?

The window you can see shuttered on the left is our master bedroom. Trees gone but fence on the right has been painted.

Wasted space with this empty, vast courtyard, but fence has now been painted.

Taken from the front door.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Comments (7)