wish69

bedframe Vs Bedhead

wish69
3 years ago

Hi folks,

I would like to know your ideas about Bedframe versus Bedhead and Base? we have been using a timber base bed for 13 years, still works great but I would like to change it to something different. The bed frames in the shops are very much similar to what we have now, so wondering if a bed head + base + new mattress would be a good option. Plus do you think if I change only the bedframe to Bedhead and base, then can I use my existing bedside tables? any suggestions/ photos/ ideas are welcome :). thanks heaps.

This picture is similar to what we have now, dark brown bed with two drawer each side.

Comments (5)

• bigreader
    3 years ago

Having everything matching is a dated look so updating to a bed head sounds a great idea. Is someone in then family handy with tools? You could remove the existing bed head and replace with an upholstered one.

• Kate
    3 years ago

Do you need underbed storage?

• wish69
    Original Author
    3 years ago

not necessarily Kate.

• Kate
    3 years ago

Most mattresses these days are designed to sit on a timber slat base. These bases can come looking like an ensemble and be covered and sides padded or as a frame or with built in storage underneath as per your pictures.
    Being able to see under the bed is like hanging a vanity - you can see more floor adding to feeling or spaciousness which is important in a small room but then often end up with things stored underneath and dust collects. It does improve airflow to keep mattress healthier.
    At the end of day it is up to you to decide on your preferred look and functionality.
    Same with bed head.

• wish69
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Kate, great comments as usual, thanks :)