mgkrclarke

Built with Austral Chiffon or Silver Birch Bricks? (Pics please!)

mgkrclarke
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Would love to see some pics if you have built with Austral Chiffon or Silver Birch bricks. Struggling to see what the colour of these looks like. We are after like a mid grey. But some samples I see of the Chiffon look super dark, and some samples of the Silver Birch really light! Do bricks generally look darker when in the smaller sample, and then lighter when across a bigger area such as when they're built into the whole house? If any one has pics would be much appreciated!!!

Comments (7)

• macyjean
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

What samples have you seen? We viewed the bricks at a display centre with a maze of small walls and we were amazed at the difference the mortar made, as in "don't like that one, oh, that next one is a nice one, where's the label for it?' and the salesperson said ' same one, different mortar'.

mgkrclarke thanked macyjean
  • mgkrclarke
    Original Author
    3 years ago

oh wow thats really interesting! we looked at the austral bricks display walls and the chiffon seemed SO dark and the silver birch not what we expected. But then when I have searched online for some pics, the colours vary so much so I'm so confused as to what each colour looks like and if the display walls a good indication of colour or if the colour will look different again on a bigger scale (we're building double story so quite significantly different then a small display wall) hence I thought if someone knows they've definitely built with either and can show me their pics maybe I'll get more of an idea. We've driven around and got some pics of the colour we like but without knocking on peoples doors asking what colour their brick is we're none the wiser haha! So interesting about the mortar though, we have our colour consultation in a couple of weeks so will be interesting to see what they say. Just wanted to go as prepared as possible!

• StaceyandScott
    3 years ago

We’ve used Chiffon previously and loved it. I’ll look for pics but not sure if I’ve got any. When we were looking, the people at Austral gave us a list of addresses to look at that had the bricks we liked. Was quite helpful.

mgkrclarke thanked StaceyandScott
  • mgkrclarke
    Original Author
    3 years ago

That would be great if you have some pics! I'm hoping Austral do the same for us so we can definitely go and see some houses built in the flesh with the two options. So hard!!!

• StaceyandScott
    3 years ago

I think it’s a popular brick so you should be able to see houses with it if Austral has a list. I think it would be way better to see it in person than in a photo.

• StaceyandScott
    3 years ago

Had to crop people out of my photo so it doesn’t really give you much of an idea of how it looks. The roof, gutters, etc are basalt and the garage door is a merbau wood colour. This pic was taken late afternoon and facing south. Hope that’s helpful.

• mgkrclarke
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thankyou so so much and yes that helps. As suspected it is a lot darker then what we were thinking. I’ve seen some other posts that looks more like these... but when I saw it at austral today it looked much more like your pic!