toni_henwood

Benchtop struggles

Toni FALLOWS
3 years ago

I am building a new home and struggling to choose a benchtop. Due to budget constraints it will be laminate. The cabinetry will be matt black with an oak look vinyl floor and white hexagon backslash. I would prefer the same benches throughout. The bathroom tiles are an art deco black and white. I'm not sold on black benchtops as there is fine texture to it and I dont want that - any ideas, maybe I should go gloss ? I do not want grey in my home although I found 1 laminate that is very finely veined - attached. Benches will be square edged so will have the black line. sigh any thoughts

Comments (9)

• Toni FALLOWS
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Also if anyone has used blanco Marquina is it white of the eggshell /beige like the sample pic

• Toni FALLOWS
    Original Author
    3 years ago

here are the other selections, ignore the penny tile, it's unavailable

• bigreader
    3 years ago

You can get square form laminate benchtop that won’t have the black line. If your o my choice is laminate with a dark line then pick a dark benchtop.

• kiwimills
    3 years ago

Do you have Wilson art black mirage laminate there?
    The mirage is the texture...gloss and Matt together,
    I used that as didn't want to see a black line .

• kiwimills
    3 years ago

The last 2, take a look
    https://www.acero.co.nz/about-wilsonart/laminate-finish-options
    They should do it in oz get a sample

• Toni FALLOWS
    Original Author
    3 years ago

thanks kiwimills but ai have to use polytec 😒

• kiwimills
    3 years ago

Ignore the floor, was a reno

• Creativelychallenged
    3 years ago

I think your suggested laminate but in matt looks beautiful. Perhaps take all the pieces to any kitchen shop and say what you are trying to achieve. They may take pity on you and offer a suggestion