katherine_reid67

Light or Dark window frame dilemma! Help please

katherine reid
3 years ago

We are building a new house with aluminium frame windows. We have to choose the frame colour (from Colourbond colours) so it is between light (White or surfmist) or dark grey (Monument). The exterior of the house will be similar to this look...that is bagged brick, deep exterior window reveals. We cannot afford the steel frame doors, but have gone with the thinnest profile aluminium windows we can find with no crossbars. The negatives of dark window frames are that when paired with white window treatments (shutters, blinds etc.) it doesn't look good from the exterior, so you could matcht he shutters to the window frame but then dark coloured shutters or blinds inside are very heavy looking, aren't good for solar gain etc. Also dark window frames are very dominant in the interior. So we are thinking of switching to white frames. It seems black or dark frames are very trendy right now and every designer I talk to says no, no, dark frames are better, and I cannot find one photo of a flat roof contemporary house with light coloured window frames to see how it might look. Does anyone have an opinion on which way to go?...Any major reasons not to go with white that I haven't thought of?? How do you think the photo below would look with light coloured frames?

Comments (3)