cassiefuller1

Primrose nightmare!

cassiefuller1
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are re modelling the kitchen/living/laundry area. The rest of the house has primrose colour aluminium window frames and brickwork as show in pictures. I am looking at installing french doors with sidelights and a french looking sliding window in the kitchen (removing the bay window). I am struggling with what colour for the windows and doors. I love the look of the black minimalist french doors but know they won't suit here. Any suggestions... a warm white? Ideally I would get rid of the red brick quoins and primrose altogeher but trying to work with it. Its a house built in 1999. Thanks.

Comments (7)

• julie herbert
    3 years ago

Agree with oklouise, stacking windows at your kitchen window would look fabulous, you can then add an extra dimension to your outdoor living, I love black trims, I think you could pull it off beautifully.

• julie herbert
    3 years ago

If you didn’t want to go to the expense of changing your door change the security door to a crimsafe door for a more modern look,or sliding or stacked sores would look beautiful also.

• julie herbert
    3 years ago

Doors, auto correct is a pain at times.

• oklouise
    3 years ago

your comments are always excellent Julie and i use the HOUZZ edit function to correct all my spelling mistakes

• dreamer
    3 years ago

Agree with Julie Herbert, black would be my pick. I think it does compliment the brick, and always looks wonderful, with a slimline look.

• cassiefuller1
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you everyone! Great advice