tianamcphee

Dying magnolias!!!

tianamcphee
3 years ago

Hi,

any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!!

My magnolia trees are dying. They were doing really well, thick, bushy and healthy. the last 2 months they have dropped nearly all leaves and are turning brown. I live on the Sunshine Coast, QLD. They get watered once and week and are in full sun just about. I’ve tried watering more, but that hasn’t helped. We’ve had abit of rain also. I have 3, these two are both like this, and my other one has completely lost every leaf. So I’m not sure if they have a disease, or if something else is going on. If anyone could help, or knows what might be causing this, thatd be great. I really don’t want to loose them!!!!

Comment (1)

• julie herbert
    3 years ago

I would check the soil , maybe the watering and the rain is not penetrating to the roots, soil can become hydrophobic over time meaning it sits on the surface and doesn’t penetrate through , maybe add a wetting agent , water and mulch but not up to the trunk and hopefully this will help , my magnolias love to be moist at all times during the summer so I water more frequently, also if you think that lack of water is not the problem just check that they are not sitting in water as they love free draining soil, best of luck, they are such a magnificent plant.