suzykelly

Help needed...opinions on Polytech kitchen cabinetry over 2 pack thx

suzykelly
2 years ago

Trying to decide on the best type of cabinetry for our kitchen reno...Opinions welcome as to choosing Polytech over 2 pack finish ....I have my heart set on shaker style white kitchen cabinets. Thank you in advance for help

Comments (3)

• Julia Lesley
    2 years ago

2 pack chips and scratches and wear become more obvious. Polytec shows the edges of cupboards and drawers where the materials join. We are doing our kitchen too and having lived with both types before, are going for 2pack just because of the better finish.

suzykelly thanked Julia Lesley
  • dreamer
    2 years ago

I have polytec cupboards, and have no problems at all. I only just noticed the join lines, after reading the above comment. Never even thought about that before. Kitchen is 6 years old.

If you heart is set on shaker 2 pack cupboards and drawers, and your budget can handle it then get what your heart desires.

• suzykelly
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you for the 2 comments above - lots to consider. Have had a vinyl wrapped kitchen for over 21 years & only recently starting to show wear coming away from edges...which we’ve been able to re glue. I love the 2 pack look with the shaker profile but have noticed friends who have had this done & ended up with chipping already. Reno $ are hard earned , so I guess I’m wanting to feel peace with where the $ are spent, Thank you for time taken to add comments - appreciated