webuser_82732418

Master Bedroom, WIR & Ensuite Design After Home Addition

HU-82732418
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello,

I’m in need of opinions for a Master Bedroom, WIR and Ensuite.

To bring you up to speed, below is the original floor plan from our 1984 built home.

We engaged an architect to add an open plan kitchen / dining / living area to the rear of the home, which allows the original dining / lounge at the front of the house to be converted to a Master Bedroom, WIR and Ensuite. We also plan to add a new extended carport and a front facade face lift as per the design below.

We have completed the rear addition, entrance modifications and bedroom 3 modifications as part of an Owner Build Stage 1. I'm now working on the Master Bedroom, WIR and Ensuite, which is currently nothing but timber framing. I've made the sewerage accessible outside of the ensuite and broken the concrete in the planned ensuite. The illustration below shows where the sewer is currently and a potential addition to the master bedroom that I could relatively easily do. However, I am having second thoughts on the Master Suite design and whether we can also add a Powder Room off the main entrance, so that guests do not have to walk through the entire house and past the kids bedrooms to go to the bathroom.

I've provided some of my own concepts below and am looking for feedback on whether I should stick with the architect design without a Powder Room, or whether there is better use of this space through one of my concepts below or some other concept that works better.

Note: I just retyped this whole description so to keep comments relevant I will stick with attachment names previously used.

ATTACHMENT 6 - POWDER ROOM CONCEPT 1

ATTACHMENT 7 - POWDER ROOM CONCEPT 2

ATTACHMENT 8 - POWDER ROOM CONCEPT 3

ATTACHMENT 9 - SAME AS ATTACHMENT 8 - POWDER ROOM CONCEPT 3 BUT WITH A SMALL ADDITION TO THE FRONT OF MASTER BEDROOM.

Here is the Master Suite dimensions. It's worth noting there are two load bearing points that I've marked. I've also illustrated the structural timbers resting on these walls in green. A new Electrical Distribution Board has been installed to the Entrance Linen Press, so I would prefer not to have to move this.

Comments (12)