webuser_203488040

House plan critique

D D
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi all,

Some of you may have already seen my old post but the plan has changed so thought I’d start again :D

I would love some feedback and thoughts on this plan. We’re a family of 4 living in Adelaide. The goal is to integrate the main indoor and outdoor living areas as much as possible.

I’ve included my magic plan - It’s not exact but gives an idea of furniture layout etc.

The section at the bottom of the magic plan where the tree is, is council land. It is a regulated tree that unfortunately we are unable to remove so the garage needs to stay on the north.

My two concerns on this option are:

1) the layout of our ensuite and the positioning of the shower. I don’t want the shower to feel claustrophobic but cannot put it on the right as I won’t have enough room for a window and a door. I’ve deliberately included outdoor access so if we’ve gone to the beach/ have been working outside we can go straight to the shower.

and 2) I want to be able to walk straight between the two kitchens but don’t know how we can make the sliding doors work without it becoming too costly.

I want to keep the kids “wing” (Bedrooms and bathroom/toilet) together as this will be their part of the house. As the house is only 1m from the boundary and the bedrooms are on the south side, I’ve included a little courtyard area to let more light into the rooms and so I can have a litttle garden so when we’re in the bathtub we can have a nice view.

please ignore the size of the cellar, it’s only going to be 3x3.5.

I’d love to hear your thoughts both good and bad and if you think there’s anything else that doesn’t work or should be reconsidered.

Thankyou :)

Comments (14)