lmage

Returning a 1960s house to its original glory

lmage
2 years ago

We are planning on replacing our mission brown aluminium windows to something more in line with the original heritage of our 1960s weatherboard and brick house. I'm thinking double or single hung sash windows in white (the house actually originally had the old Stegbar modular system windows all along the front, so aiming for something similar). Would that be too much white? What else can we do to bring the exterior of this house more in line with its heritage? Thinking changing colours of guttering and garage door, landscaping etc. Any suggestions for colours to consider, landscaping ideas, or anything else you think we could improve upon? We are wanting to avoid rendering or painting the brick as we want to keep the original mid-century vibes.
The 'weatherboard' is actually PVC weatherboard covering originals of the same colour. I don't love the PVC but am not keen to go about removing it as I must admit it is good from a maintenance perspective, and as a young family we appreciate that.
Extra points for budget friendly ideas, as replacing the windows will consume most of our budget, and we've got a few interior projects that need doing as well.
Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)