christine_scurr

Mix of colourbond Monument on the vertical with linea cladding

Christine Scurr
2 years ago

I want a dark themed exterior, which is why I'm using monument. We also have all monument window frames. Roof will be zinculume. I want the house to blend into the gum trees and not be high contrast. So my dilemna is the paint colour for the linea boards. I was thinking of woodland grey or similar grey/greens. Monument makes woodland grey appear green. What do you think?

Comments (6)

• Christine Scurr
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We also have some feature brick at entry and front of house, am thinking of using the new Australis in Coorong from Austral bricks. Roofing is skillion. Here is the Austral brick visualiser with woodland grey and monument. Sorry, photo won't load.

• Kate
    2 years ago

Woodland Grey does have a green undertone.

• Mary-Ann
    2 years ago

We are building on a rural block at present. A Zincalume skillion roof, Monument for fascias and window frames and the cladding will be painted Dulux Grey Cabin. We also have contrasting bagged brick feature in entrance and verandahs using recycled red house bricks and light mortar and the soffits will be painted Dulux Set in Stone. I cant share an actual pic yet because we are waiting for cladding to arrive but here is a visual from our designers.

• Julie Herbert
    2 years ago

Keeping your house dark would look wonderful amongst your gum trees, the house would look stunning and really make a wonderful statement, dark houses shine amongst greenery, I would be tempted to continue the Monument theme for a fabulous look.

• User
    2 years ago

Being dark its going to be warm/hot , even with bush surrounds . What is your climate like ?

I'm not a fan of all-dark , and in fact if you look at Julies inspo pics the first thing I notice ( not sure about you ) is the polished concrete , the timber deck , the lights , etc . Yes , I realise you go dark so it theoretically blends in , but even looking at your designers pic of your place , I notice the bricks and the timber window surround first , then the 'army green' , which is a sort of nothing colour IMO , and then the monument gutters , which , again just my opinion , doesn't do anything -- on a scale of complementing at one end , and clashing at the other , these are closer to clashing with the green IMO . IF you really insist on going dark and going with that green , I'd go a dark green for the gutters in preference to the charcoal , but even thats not ideal .

I actually think an off-white rendered wall on the main wall to the left of your entrance door ( where the 'natural' wooden window box is ) would actually make the house , make it noticable in a good way against but also amongst your greenery , and the monument window frames and gutters will look even better , and it may even add interest to the khaki green to the right of the doorway .