webuser_524005262

Metal or plastic toilet flush plate

HU-524005262
2 years ago

Hello, I am renovating my bathrooms. I am having in wall cistern toilets. You can choose metal or plastic flush plates, metal being an extra $80 each. Apart from looks, although the plastic has been made to look like metal, is there any other reason you would choose metal? Durability etc. This is our forever home. Do the metal ones get surface rust?

Comments (3)

• bigreader
    2 years ago

I absolutely hate my in-wall cistern. Never again. But the metal flush plate has lasted 10+ years without rust marks and is easy to clean. I think you can get the buttons set into the tiles on some models with minimal flush plate needed. Mine is also a slightly brushed matte finish which may contribute to its longevity.

HU-524005262 thanked bigreader
  • HU-524005262
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Great thank you. That is great to hear, (not about hating the in wall cistern) but about the metal flush plate.

• oklouise
    2 years ago

we have two in wall cisterns that are over 5 years old and the metal flush plate still looks like new.. our plumber has had no problem installing or accessing the works to make a minor adjustment to the volume of flush

HU-524005262 thanked oklouise