webuser_440066222

Tips to update/modernise on a diy budget?

Brett James
2 years ago

Just bought this place and i dont actually hate the exterior but just wondering if anyone has any diy tricks to give the exterior and patio a bit of an update?

Comments (7)

• Brett James
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Backyard

• Brett James
    Original Author
    2 years ago

And patio

• me me
    2 years ago

All it really needs is furniture and plants in pots.

• bigreader
    2 years ago

Is the front or rear view? It’s a tidy looking house and I agree plants and landscaping may be all it needs.

• macyjean
    2 years ago

Is the house on piers or slab? The garden bed along the foundations needs to be below weep holes if it's on a slab and if there are sub-floor vents I'm not sure planting in front of them is a good idea.

I like the house. I don't think it will take much to make it look even better.

• User
    2 years ago

I'd like to see a full front shot -- that is what everyone else ( as well as yourselves ) sees most often .

Just for starters , looking at the rear view , I'd go charcoal or Japanese black on the fence and the bricks along the garden end , as well as more modern plants in the garden mix .

Having said that , the patio pic shows a more modern bamboo , and the darker tones -- maybe an abstract steel panel in charcoal on the wall , and a way better light ( or probably half a dozen led downlights if you can get them installed at very little cost ) -- that's why I'd want to see a complete 'front' pic because you want a complete design plan , rather than a few 'trendy' bits that may not all work together .