raineyann

Bathroom reno done! Thanks for the suggestions

Lorraine Cobcroft
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi. I got so much help on Houzz with my dilemma over how to renovate my problem bathroom, so I thought I'd post the results. We are delighted with it. It looks and works beautifully now. Here are the before and after plans and some photos.

And the new vanity in the WC, making a proper cloak room that enables guests to wash their hands without having to enter the bathroom (in case someone else is showering)

As you can see, the shower was moved so that we didn't step out dripping into the doorway, and it was converted to a walk-in shower for reduced cleaning. We could only fit a small bath, back to wall, but it works fine. The vanity is smaller but with the additional vanity in the WC and a lovely tower of shelving for towels and nic nacs, it all works really well. Having a door directly to outside is magic for cleaning up after gardening or entering wet from the pool (That is shown on the Before plan, but we put it in before starting the reno.)

Full marks to Tony Sarich of Ace Renovations for a good job.

We also converted the ensuite shower to a huge walk-in with no glass and a nice seat at one end, relocated the door to avoid walking directly into the end panel of the shower, partitioned off the WC to make it private, and installed a lovely twin vanity with medicine cabinet above. Slab tiles to reduce grout lines, grey grout on a combination of grey textured and white/grey marble look tiles, and both hand and rain shower. Very happy with the results.

Thanks again to all who contributed suggesti

Comments (6)