carola_isaacs

Tile cuts? Poor workmanship?

C I
2 years ago

Wall tiles cut by a professional tiler. We have asked for these to be replaced. Builder and tiler say they’ll pass any inspection and chips etc should be expected using a high gloss tile. I understand this is not a defect as such, however think it’s poor workmanship. Same tiler tiled the niche with the same tiles and near perfect cuts so I’m baffled. Would you accept this?

No
Yes

Comments (5)

• C I
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oops I accidentally voted yes on my own post 😣 I am not accepting these tiles. Would you?

• afjp
    2 years ago

Where are they located? If they are not in a very visible place I'd probably accept it

• C I
    Original Author
    2 years ago

They were very obvious and several at eye level, the tiler came back and took out the grout and filed the edges down and then regrouted. Looks so much better. He did scratch a fair bit of some of the gloss tile surface alongside the edges too - but unless you’re looking for those you wouldn’t see them. Thanks

• PRO
    Beach Bathrooms
    2 years ago

Does the photograph indicate adjoining a vertical ?

Did the tiler want to use a metal tile edge

Tiler came back, removed the grout, filed the edges ? , scratched some of the glaoss from the tile surface ?

UNSATISFACTORY TILING!

My immediate thoughts,

Poor Tiling

however

Do you have any remaining tiles for the tiler to remove and replace,

Are additional tiles available

• Kate
    2 years ago

Love to see a photo of the fixed version. Glad you have resolved and now are happy