nathaliescipioniarchitects

A calm inner-city worker's cottage

Nathalie Scipioni Architects
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This stunning, turn-of-the-century workers cottage had good bones but was in much need of a rear addition, for the owner's growing family.

We transformed the entire home to allow a flow of natural light by creating a very open plan layout. The clever layout allowed for 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, living, and 2 studies.

The design embraces and restores where possible the remaining period features while respectfully contrasting these with a palette of new building materials, techniques, and colors.

Before:

After:

Lilyfield Renovation · More Info

We added striking turquoise blue Pandomo flooring throughout the hallway and living spaces creating a bold yet calming statement. The timber and glass staircase acts as a sculptural element within the living room, skilfully dividing the living from dining whilst still providing a visual link between the two.

After:

The Blue House · More Info

The living opens up through large bi-fold doors to an outdoor entertaining deck and backyard allowing for ample natural ventilation and light.

Check out the entire project here!

Comments (9)

• PRO
    BONDI BUILDERS
    2 years ago

unbeliavableee, too good to be truee

• Adam Nguyen
    2 years ago

Absolutely stunning, brilliant work!

• Gabriel Safi
    2 years ago

Stunning work! really gave a new meaning and purpose to the entire home. Love it!

• PRO
    Tango Tiles
    2 years ago

Loving that mezzanine office!

• Kate
    2 years ago

Love the stairs. And great to see bold colour choice for floor.

• User
    2 years ago

I love colour , love what you have done !

Just looking at the exterior 'before' shot , I just had a crazy idea -- do a stunning interior but use decorative paint effects to make the exterior look like is falling over , rusty and in need of love haha !

• C P
    2 years ago

Not for everyone but I'm sure the owners love it

• Kath
    2 years ago

I wouldn't describe a striking blue floor and red wall as 'calm', as in the article's title - but as long as the owners like it, that's what matters.