nathaliescipioniarchitects

Before & After: Twin Rose Bay apartment reno

Nathalie Scipioni Architects
2 years ago
last modified: last year

The client's brief was to transform their unrenovated 1940s apartment and maximize its value. We achieved this by creating a design that would unlock the property's full potential. This was a three-story complex of 12 art deco apartments, with our clients one being on the top floor and originally 2 separate titles. Each of these apartments had only one bedroom and one bathroom.

We identified that the value of the property could be maximized if it were transformed back into two separate apartments. Each apartment needed to have high standard finishes and features such as air conditioning to entice potential buyers. We managed the construction of the client’s deadline and provided interior styling so the property was looking its absolute best for sale.

Before:

After:

Highlights of the design include:

• Bigger apartments than in the original design. The new apartments have two double bedrooms and two spacious bathrooms. One bathroom in each apartment is large enough for a freestanding bath.
  • The feeling of space we created within each apartment. We lifted the ceilings, shifted walls, and selected space-enhancing finishes such as light-colored oak flooring and mirrored splashbacks in the kitchens.
  • Beautiful bathrooms. Buyers in the Rose Bay area are looking for something unique, which is why we handpicked feature tiles to enhance the bathrooms with patterns and textures. We included gunmetal and brush nickel tapware, timber vanities to add warmth, and black-framed shower screens for an original style.

After:

Rose Bay Apartment · More Info

Check out the entire project here!

Comments (10)

• Asif Ali
    2 years ago

Surely somewhere on the wall or some hidden spot in the before space must be a 'Anne Franke was here' tag. Amazing transformation!

• PRO
    Leah
    2 years ago

wow I live in Rose Bay and some of the places are so run-down - I wish you could help out every apartment here from drab to fab!

• Kate
    2 years ago

Looks fantastic.
    Would love to see before and after floor plans to make sense of change

• PRO
    Nathalie Scipioni Architects
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hello,

Thank you! What was your email I can send these plans to you if you like?

• PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    2 years ago

Gorgeous reno, Agree with Kate would love to see the floor plans to understand the changes.

• C P
    last year

Looks fabulous but I'm surprised the shower with a window in it passes building code.

• Kate
    last year

I’d be concerned the frame would fill with water down side of window. Then what?

• bigreader
    last year

Thanks for posting the plans. They are always interesting to see.

• dellaslynch
    last year

The big compromise with having the second bedroom is living space.