hillcrest101

Need help with layout

hillcrest101
2 years ago

HI , I need help reconfiguring the living area in our home. the rumpus room is too small and we wish to close off the main lounge area to the childrens wing (way too noisy atm with the current layout)and also alter the entrance area as currently the lounge area is too exposed when the front door is opened. There is also a fire place in the lounge area against the study wall ( not shown in plans, my thoughts were to close off the passage way and square off the rumpus room. The existing rumpus room angled wall does not line up with study wall. I was hoping to place the tv against the new wall created by closing off the passage and incorporating built in cabinets underneath. I would also mirror the cabinets on the window side of the fireplace for continuity. I dont wish to put the Tv above the fireplace as I find it too high for comfortable viewing.. I am also unable to put the TV along the wall to the deck as the entire length of the room (10 metres) is full length windows and sliding doors. I am hoping someone may be able to look at this dilemma with fresh eyes as i am unable to think of any other solution/ configurations that will achieve the result and be aesthetically pleasing. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)