deepthi_rao7669

Vote, pros and cons of the chosen colours

Deepthi Rao
2 years ago

@User @kate @ dreamer @bigreader and other fantastic people.

Have decided to go for one colour for all the wallks instead of different for each room. Thanks for making me land till here.

Now help me in picking one colour for interior and 2 colours for exterior.

Interior: Snowy Mountains Half or Antique White USA? (Happy to get confused if there is something better than these two).

Exterior: Whatever I choose for internal Plus a dark colour. Royal Beige or Dulux Warm Neutral (A164). This dark colour would go around the garage door. Where else will this dark colour fit? On that reversed C or on first floor balcony wall?

Bigger side of the front wall will be the light colour.

Comments (20)

• Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Adding more photos to provide more info which I may miss saying in words.

• Kate
    2 years ago

I’d prefer snowy as more modern. But what works best with cabinets. What colour is the cream

• Kate
    2 years ago

Can u post a pic of the all options against the cream cabinet

• dreamer
    2 years ago

As per another post the cabinets in kitchen are hog bristle 1/4 strength.

• Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Kate The cabinets are Hog bristle quarter.

• Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@dreamer Thanks for your kind response. It was quite confusing for me too, hence the new post. Lol... Appreciate your suggestions.

• Kate
    2 years ago

Snowy with the hog bristle cabinets

• Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Kate Thanks. Snow mountains half? Or just snowy mountains?

• dreamer
    2 years ago

Test the different strengths of paint on your walls, your painter can do this for you. Our painter painted , full, 1/2 and 1/4 on the same wall, in sections of approx 500mm wide x 1000mm long. This gave us an excellent way to choose the correct strength.
    We can not choose this for you, because the colour in your home may appear completely different to our own home.

Deepthi Rao thanked dreamer
  • User
    2 years ago

Interior , as dreamer says , is personal to you , but also I always think interior colours that I notice are the furniture and fittings -- the seating , the lamps , the art , the blankets , the rugs , the curtains , etc .

Exterior though is what everyone sees , which is why I am always amazed that new build suburbs every house is done in 7 shades of bland ( aka greys ) . On a positive note , with your doors and that stone , grey will look cold and horrible on the exterior .

On another post , I said what I'd do with the garage door -- add some colour !

And as far as the rest -- go with a couple of warm whites IMO -- while surfmist and similar with a blue tinge are popular , and cream is way too dated , I'd keep away from both . Hard to get a warm white without getting some cream tones I know , but whatever shade you decide on ( sort of a modern antique cream similar to the existing colour would be a good starting point , or even a slight mushroomy tone ) , do that on the 'sticky out' parts , then a half version around the garage , and then either quarter on the left double height wall , OR go a beigy sandy tone , even a light copper , for contrast .

Just 1 thing -- those windows on the left ( both levels ) need 'something' . Personally I think they should have been charcoal or bronze , but too late now , so maybe 40-60mm of charcoal around the outside of each window , with the windows as they are in that white or cream -- just something to lift that area . Another option that would work may be battens in the same timber tones as your doors , probably double height -- 5 or 6 over each pair of windows . It should n't cut down views and light too much , it will 'finish' that side better , and of course ties the whole design in better .

Deepthi Rao thanked User
  • bigreader
    2 years ago

Why do you need to use the interior colour externally? It’s a good idea that they work together but they don’t need to be the same shade. Either snowy mountain or natural white works for inside (only you can decide after doing samples) Not antique white USA as it’s too creamy for a new build and may not work with the tiles. Neither snowy mountains or natural white is a great choice for exterior where you plan to use it. Pay a couple of hundred dollars and have a Colour Consultation (Dulux does them, as do others) and receive an in situ recommendation for your site, building and aspect.

• Kate
    2 years ago

If you want to paint ceiling walls and trim all one colour then snowy mountains half. Otherwise if white ceiling and trim consider walls full strength for contrast.

Deepthi Rao thanked Kate
  • PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    last year

Snowy Mountains

Deepthi Rao thanked Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
  • Deepthi Rao
    Original Author
    last year

Final output. Went ahead with Royal Beige for external. For internal, went ahead with Snowy Mountains for all the walls (Chose not to have different colours for each room). Our house looks beautiful. Thanks for all your suggestions.

• davincicalbourne
    last year

Looks great congratulations

Deepthi Rao thanked davincicalbourne
  • bigreader
    last year

Came up well. Glad you kept it to one colour outside.

Deepthi Rao thanked bigreader