renata_silva32

Wine rack, shelving & bar fridge under stairs?

Renata Silva
2 years ago
last modified: last year

Hi guys :)
I have this ( see pic) under the stairs ,it’s a wine rack and shelving under the stairs.
I was thinking what to put on the shelving, and was wondering if a small bar fridge (pic attached would work and look ok?)
The shelving rack is 1136mm in height, so Im thinking to make: first one with 520 mm clearance from top ( have fridge there) , second and third to have 308cm 308cm clearance space.
Would that look ok? I find really hard to picture if would look ok .
Thank you so much . Happy Easter everyone
The fridge is 509 (H), 430 (w),470(d)

Comments (5)

• Kate
    2 years ago

It’s a really small fridge so Id either put in in right corner or move it as far lef my into the bottle rack as possible and rack around it. You Coyle under the landing have a pull out shelf above the fridge to work as a bar area r→

• Renata Silva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Kate , think I may leave the shelves as it’s , and don’t change the measurements and have it as a spirits display and no fridge, It may look batter without the fridge ?

• davincicalbourne
    2 years ago

I agree with no fridge. You could incorporate some open shelving to make a display. If possible, discuss with installers how/if the structure will be removable/accessible for cleaning. We have a cellar space underneath our stairs and you need to be able to get in to clean it. Worst case scenario a bottle leaks or breaks, you need access.

• Vera Skrinnikoff
    last year

Hi, just thinking of the practicality of having a wine bottles under the stairs with a high traffic area with dust etc.
    Just a thought but how about swapping shelf & wine bottle space and then putting glass doors over the wine bottle rack which will give it a cabinet feel and look great with glass in the staircase.

• Julie Herbert
    last year

Love the idea of being glass covered or with a pull out shelf