alixhelps

Before & After: A spectacular waterfront apartment

Alix Helps Interiors
last year
last modified: last year

With spectacular harbour views from both inside and out, this world class waterfront apartment is peacefully secluded upon the pristine shores of Berrys Bay.
With wonderful architectural bones to work with, our brief was to bring some refined touches to a contemporary upgrade. Our clients love blue, so we sought opportunities to reflect our favourite ocean hues alongside beautiful herringbone flooring and contemporary furniture. The key for this downsizing couple was to create a relaxed pied a terre with capacity for family gatherings and visiting friends.

Original finishes were updated to bring about a clean and contemporary new look.

Beautiful herringbone flooring and textural finishes throughout.

Before

Luxury light fittings and hand made brass hardware are the icing on the cake.

Master Bed before

Layers of texture and the highlight window restored to the original architectural intent.

En-suite before

En-suite after

Main bathroom before the magic happened

Main bathroom showing off its stunning new tiles

Plenty more images on our profile or our website. Hop over for a look and let us know what you think in the comments. This was a wonderful collaboration between us, our clients and the brilliant team @Jim Wilson Constructions

McMahons Point Project · More Info

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Alix Helps Interiors
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks @rocksfam - how kind of you to say so! We're pretty thrilled with the results too.

• Kate
    last year

Lovely

Alix Helps Interiors thanked Kate
  • Susan McGuire
    last year

Fabulous changes and improvements. The lighter coloured kitchen looks wonderful, well done.

Alix Helps Interiors thanked Susan McGuire
  • K s
    last year

Didn’t see a problem with the wooden floors you had, surely they could have stayed 🤔

Alix Helps Interiors thanked K s
  • pottsy99
    last year

Anyone that knows me will know what I'm going to say about the kitchen -- it is too white , too characterless , too cookie-cutter . I initially thought the original kichen with the lovely wood , would look great with just a bit more white and maybe a splash of colour , and then I realised ( as I looked down all the pics ) -- the befores are all taken on a cloudy day with the curtains closed , no lights , no flash .

And personally I would have been seriously pee'd off at anyone that took the curvy wooden en-suite cabinet out and replaced it with a white thing ! New floor tiles , new door , turn the lights on -- it would have been done , and way classier !

The only area IMO that looks better , is the tiles in the main bathroom .

• PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    last year

This!!! Amazing transformation especially main bath feature tiles absolutely stunning. Getting rid of the ensuite curved (dated) vanity was just no brainer yet stunning transformation. Well done.

Alix Helps Interiors thanked Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
  • PRO
    Alix Helps Interiors
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you so much!

• Julie Herbert
    last year

Absolutely beautiful, love everything, especially the island in the kitchen ❤️

Alix Helps Interiors thanked Julie Herbert
  • Lauren
    last year

Gorgeous!! Absolutely love what you have done! I’m a little envious not to be living there myself! ❤️

Alix Helps Interiors thanked Lauren
  • PRO
    Alix Helps Interiors
    Original Author
    last year

Hello @pottsy99 Many thanks for your comments and feedback. I'm pleased to report that our clients were delighted with our work on this project. They were so happy that we nailed their brief and gave them the home that they were dreaming of!

Now then Pottsy, had you been the client and you had your heart set on keeping that clunky, old fashioned curved vanity, we would certainly have left it there for you to enjoy - we don't like to "pee anyone off". Our actual clients thought it was old fashioned and a frankly, a little bit ugly. We agreed, so...out she came.

I note your comments regarding the before photos, but I'm not sure which ones you were looking at. The ones we included here all have full daylight and no curtains or blinds, you'd surely understand why we don't use professional photography for the before pictures - no client is ever going to pay for that! We just use whatever pictures we can gather from our initial site visit or the Real Estate marketing shots.

You might be interested to learn that none of the new joinery is white, so maybe adjust the brightness of your screen when reviewing images online. Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your insight, I'm sure you've got many years of experience up your sleeve. Have a great day and best of luck with future projects!

• PRO
    Fontaine Industries
    last year

Absolutely beautiful! The feature wall in the main bathroom is in harmonious with the plants outside the window that looks stunning! The choice of the tapware colour is classy and elegant. Really great work!

Alix Helps Interiors thanked Fontaine Industries
  • PRO
    Alix Helps Interiors
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks @Fontaine Industries We're in love with those tiles! :)