houzzau

What’s the most important aspect of a remote workspace?

HouzzAU
last year
last modified: last year

If you are able to work remotely from anywhere in the world, which of the following would be most important to you in a workspace?

Let us know in the comments below!

Horbury Crescent · More Info

A comfortable desk and chair
Great lighting
A beautifully designed space
A private space within the home where I can be away from others
A well appointed background for video calls
Something else? Let us know in the comments!

Comments (11)

• siriuskey
    last year

If your space is beautifully designed it should include all the other needs

• PRO
    Leah
    last year

sometimes it can aesthetically pleasing but not ergonomically effective so definitely including all of the above

• Vanessa Walker
    last year

Somewhere quiet and calm with minimal distraction, either from a cluttered environment or people coming and going.

• Allie Broadland
    last year

Having a private space as well as a comfortable desk setup is always preferable for me.

• PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    last year

Closed off and quiet space, no clutter and a large space or the illusion of not being stuck in a cupboard or a niche in the wall. Also hidden cords and cables, cant stand the visual mess of cords.

• User
    last year

Haha -- I had a mobile home that I use to tow my race car to meetings , but after 18 months of pointing out to the NZ authorities that they are idiots , I've officially de-registered it and re-registered it as a mobile office !

A 6 berth mobile home needs 6 certified seat belts , for example . A 6 berth caravan can be towed by a 2 seater ute though , and in fact it is 'illegal' to add more seats to a ute .

A 10 seater van can be used to tow a 2 berth , or 6 berth , caravan .

But a 6 berth mobile home has to have 6 certified seats and belts . You cannot even legally take 1 or 4 seats out , and put in say bunk beds and fold up seats , and only have a driver and 1 passenger !

Here's where it gets weird though -- a mobile office only needs 1 certified seatbelt for each person onboard when it is moving . So you can have 1 seat , or 1 certified seat and a 56 seater theatre , or office wheelie chairs ( as long as you don't have people in them when on the road ) . Hell , an office can have a kitchen , a shower , a toilet , a bedroom or two , basically whatever you want !

There's even things like a Mobile Home cannot be legally parked overnight ( 'freedom camping' ) in some streets or parking areas , but a mobile office can !

So to me , working remotely will now take on a whole new meaning haha -- great views , beers and food in the fridge , fuel tanks topped up , take my shower and TV and a few changes of clothes , maybe even the laptop and tablet !

• Tan
    last year

Its own heating and cooling. If I'm working from a home office for example I'll often be the only person in the house, so I'd only need to adjust the temperature in that one space.

• PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    last year

Can the issue of heating and cooling not be achieved with a heater or fan?

• Tan
    last year

Depends. A fan can only get you so far when you've had a run of scorching hot days, and if you work with a lot of paper (like I do) it can blow those around. Also depending on the fan and heater you use, they can take up space. In my last two home studies I've longed for a wall-mounted split system!

• Maree Pickens
    last year

We have a study that looks out at the side colourbond fence & neighbours aircon and a big dining table in family area that faces north, flooded with light & a magnificent 5m Manchurian pear tree - guess where I work from home & can’t bring myself to move?!