kathygoodell

Medicine Cabinets

Kate Goodell
10 years ago
I hate the dated look of medicine cabinets and how they limit your lighting and mirror design possibilities, but don't know where else I can store prescription drugs and first aid supplies in a bathroom with no space for additional cabinets or closets. I currently have medicine cabinets over a 42" vanity in one bath and one over a 5 ft. vanity in the other. Any ideas?

Comments (4)

• User
    10 years ago
    Medicine cabinets have come along way in recent years. The best option is to get a frameless style and integrate it into a wall of mirror. You can mount sconces thru the mirror on either side of the cabinet. If you have walls on either side of the sink, you can put the cabinets to the side, integrated into mirror again. If you have an open wall in your bath, yo can get an extra tall medicine cabinet to hold loads of stuff. There are loads more on houzz photos. Just search medicine cabinet. Sometimes you have to hunt for the cabinet because they are so well integrated. Robern makes some of the best frameless styles, but there are a ton of others on faucetdirect.com. Many even come with integrated lighting for a very modern look.
  • PRO
    Elizabeth Bolton - ReMax Destiny
    10 years ago
    I *love* my medicine cabinets. I think they were both from Kohler but they tend to discontinue a lot of styles. I have a frameless with a curved top and beveled glass over a sink with a sconce to one side. But my all-time favorite splurge was their full-length version - it's mirrored inside and out and behind the shelves too I think with an electrical outlet inside. It was ridiculously expensive - I swear it was about $1800 - but I love it to this day. Restoration Hardware has some nice ones including full-length versions that aren't as expensive.
  • dclostboy
    10 years ago
    They no longer need to look like grandma's medicine cabinets :)
  • Kate Goodell
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thanks to all of you who replied to my question about medicine cabinets. I had no idea those options were available.