zaffa

Ideas for an entertainment unit please

zaffa
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all. We are in the process of designing our custom joinery for our entertainment unit that will house our TV and fireplace. I am thinking a low level cabinet (where the temp coffee table currently houses the TV) with a stone plinth that aprons around the fireplace. I was wanting to make a feature of the fireplace wall but the aircon bulkhead ends in line with the vertical wall. So any painting, tiling, panelling etc that goes up to the bottom of the bulkhead will look funny when it wraps around the right vertical wall as it will sort of cut off the protruding bulkhead (hope that makes sense).
Any ideas as to how we can make this wall work would be greatly appreciated. The bulkhead couldn’t go all the way across from wall to wall as it had to sit lower than the top of the two side windows to house the aircon unit.
Do I make the fireplace a feature with tiling/painting/render etc or leave white and make the joinery and stone the feature?? Thanks in advance! Excuse the cricket playing in the background!!

Comments (29)