webuser_159661658

Older style house in need of a revamp

HU-159661658
5 years ago

I live in an older (1930's style) house that original owners have added to over the years so its a bit of a mish mash of eras - I prefer modern open light areas, this house has very dark rooms at the front and kitchen due to house position. Have not decorated since we moved in 15 years ago and now feel I want to brighten it up. Half the jarrah frames in the house have been painted but the front two rooms and the dining room havent, and these are the dingiest rooms to me. I am considering repainting the timber white and making it feel more 'modern' but in a traditional way. I envisage that should we ever sell the house it would be sold for land value so I am not too fussed about keeping the wood as a selling point. It is not in great condition, lots of water mark stains on the ledges, coffee cup rings and generally dull looking. I would love some ideas/thoughts on a revitlisation to make me love the house (I dont actually like it!!) more. I have to add that these pictures make the room look a lot lighter than it actually is

Comments (5)