alixhelps

Tween to teen transformation

Alix Helps Interiors
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This was a glorious opportunity to start from scratch to create a bright and inspiring space to see Thomas through his teen years. A smart and curious young man, Thomas needed a space to study, display shelving for his collections of books and a new bed, big enough to accommodate lengthening legs. Following a total overhaul of the floor plan, we removed the wall of wardrobes that were originally in place and shifted the layout around to create a study space built in to the window area. Custom joinery ensures a place for everything, and a clear area for working at the desk. The wallpaper creates such a striking focal point, with other custom details to add some edge. The result - a truly contemporary space, and a very happy customer!

BEFORE

AFTER

More pics available on my profile - Alix Helps Interiors

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Alix Helps Interiors
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks Scottevie! Yes, the angled shelf just gave that little extra space at the desk. Nobody likes a shelf that pokes you in the eye every time you stand up! :)

• PRO
    PDL by Schneider Electric
    5 years ago

Wow, love this space! The feature wall really gives it that extra kick. Great work. - Rhiannon

Alix Helps Interiors thanked PDL by Schneider Electric
  • PRO
    Alix Helps Interiors
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks Rhiannon - yes I did have a bit of a fist pump moment when I found that wallpaper!

• Emma
    5 years ago

That wallpaper is so perfect for the room!

Alix Helps Interiors thanked Emma
  • PRO
    Awkward Home
    5 years ago

Looks fantastic Alix! It is just stunning, what a beautifully resolved design... not just for teens, I would love to have this in my home!

Kat

website coming soon! download free furniture plan kit here https://mailchi.mp/9c071e61583e/awkwardhome-furnitureplan