jimmy25jones

Wall tiles in living room & dining room. Yes or No.

jimmy25jones
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi all I tried looking through the photos and can't get a definitive look (tiles seem to be used as a feature wall, not on all walls), so seeking advice. We have built with ICF, so to line our interior walls it isn't that much more to tile the walls vs. GIB & painting. Because of the ICF construction, the house is extremely warm - which I suspect is one of the reasons people don't tile walls but in our instance they may even provide a small heat bank advantage. But the question is "would tiling the walls make the space feel premium or cheap?" - we are trying to achieve a modern farmhouse / industrial look. You see it done in premium hotel lobbies with marble look tiles but they are also much larger and open spaces than a living room. But does that mean tiles won't work in a residential application (i.e. people don't want to live in a hotel lobby) or just that we need to use a softer look tile (i.e. concrete look, not marble). The main concern is that it is very hard to change - so don't want to messy it up. Thoughts? Cheers

Comment (1)