christophe_gautier20

Who are the best and affordable sub floor ventilation installers

Christophe Gautier
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have a small two bedroom double brick house in Preston, VIC and we have a major humidity issue especially in two built-in wardrobes.

Now I must point out that this house was built around 1925 and where the wardrobes are located use to be a veranda that fronted the master bedroom. This was built in before we purchased the house and we replaced the old wardrobes with the builtins in 2008.

There is no obvious sign of mould, however we are having to empty out two tubs of damp rid a month of extracted humidity.

We have central heating through the rood space and vents, and feel that the combination of humidity created by the heating and the rapid cooling due to the location of the builtin wardrobes (front of house) near the external walls maybe the culprit; but we have also noticed that there doesn't seem to be any subfloor vent grill where it was bricked in.

As you can see from the images, the window on the left side behind the tree, is the room in question, and I recently removed a whole bunch of plants in the hope that it would provide a dryer and well ventilated area around the window. Not yet sure if this will make any difference.

I am in between employment and my wife works in retail, so money is tight and that's why we are reaching out to the Houzz community in the hopes that you can assist us in addressing this humidity issue with an affordable resolution.

Comment