0 Invercargill, Southland Furniture Restoration and Upholstery Professionals
Good upholstery work is an artform that takes hours to learn and perfect. Finding a good Invercargill, Southland textiles professional will do amazing things for your ageing furniture or fabrics.
No results found.
List your business here for free - Learn More
What Does an Upholsterer Do?
Essentially, upholsterers work with fabric to cover seating, bedsprings, cornice boards, pillows and other furnishings and interior elements. They also might attach or replace padding and batting, trim a piece with fringe or another border, add piping and tufting, fashion slipcovers and refinish wood. Some upholsterers are skilled at furniture construction and repair. They can also advise you about the pros and cons of different fabrics so you can choose the best type for the project in your Invercargill home.
Many upholsterers work directly with interior designers and decorators, custom designing or re-covering furniture for home decor projects. Here are some related professionals and vendors to complement the work of textiles & upholstery: Interior Designers & Decorators, Furniture & Accessories.
Questions to ask a prospective upholsterer:
- How long have you been in the business?
- How many projects like mine have you completed?
- Can you provide me with references?
- How do you charge, and what does that include?
- Can you give me a written estimate?
- What do your services include?
- Can I supply my own fabric and trim?
- When can this job get done?
- What happens when the cost exceeds the budget? What about changes to materials or labor pricing?
- What will I need to provide?
- Are there any important considerations or concerns you foresee with this project?
What about DIY upholstery?
Upholstery often is touted as a DIY-friendly task. Reupholstery of smaller items may be a home project. However, if you have a tricky fabric repeat, a complicated job or a piece of value, using an upholsterer can help to give you peace of mind and prevent disasters.
Talk to the experts to see what can be done - and for what price.
Upholsters can also personalise your furniture with your choice of piping, textures, unique cushions or bolsters.
Find an upholsterer on Houzz. Narrow your search in the Professionals section of the website to Invercargill, Southland upholstery. You can also look through Southland photos for projects similar to yours, and contact the designer for upholstery information.