42 Posts
albartsch started a discussion
Killer Roses- Any ideas for thorn protection? - Each year I tie my roses to the stone wall to keep them tidy. These are, I'm pretty sure, New Dawn from the 1940s. The problem is that I c... Read More
2 Likes    7 Comments
albartsch started a discussion
Need help- Sick birch trees - I planted some black birch trees on Cape Cod. 2 were from a nursery and 2 were from the wild in Maine. They have been having a lot of troubl... Read More
    1 Comment
albartsch started a discussion
Need more frogs.... - I have a small pond, about 10 feet at widest point, and a few frogs have moved in. Last year I sectioned off an end so the koi couldn't get ... Read More
    1 Comment
albartsch started a discussion
Conifers in trouble in Maine (pics) - I was in Maine at my cottage yesterday and saw these conifers, verious types, that I planted about 7 years ago are dying on the bottom. Any ... Read More
    12 Comments
albartsch started a discussion
Koi Exposed in Pond- Will it add stress? - I have 4 large koi hanging out in my pond- 14 inch fish in a pond about 10 feet in diameter. They are doing fine, but they seem very vulnera... Read More
    3 Comments
albartsch started a discussion
peas and pole beans - My neighbor is planting pole beans with his peas expecting the peas to die out midsummer and the pole beans to take over. Is this a good ide... Read More
    1 Comment
albartsch started a discussion
No water at our community garden- is this common? - I manage a community garden in our town that has been there for many years with no water supply at all. I haven't seen such a situation at o... Read More
    5 Comments
albartsch started a discussion
Snow Queen Hydrangea- How big does it get? - Wayside Gardens advertises Snow Queen Hydrangea as growing to 12 feet. So does White Flower farm. A less expensive provider on the web adver... Read More
    6 Comments
albartsch started a discussion
    Comment
albartsch started a discussion
    2 Comments
Show More Events...