134 Posts
kchd started a discussion
Hellstrip gardening - I've been having an ongoing discussion with Heidi (@xiangirl) about replacing the weeds & grass in a strip of ground that lies between t... Read More
    10 Comments
kchd started a discussion
HAVE black elderberry for SASE - I just harvested some black elderberry (Sambucus nigra) seeds. If you would like some, I am offering them for a SASE. Please plan to send me... Read More
2 Likes    15 Comments
kchd started a discussion
FOTESS July swap: Wicked Plants - Welcome to the July FOTESS Swap: Wicked Plants For the month of July, we will be keeping things simple. You will send your partner 3 packs o... Read More
    179 Comments
kchd started a discussion
Something in the mint family - Any ideas what this is? Found growing on an island in Lake Guntersville, AL. The very round leaves have me stumped.
    3 Comments
kchd started a discussion
Growing potatoes in the Deep South - I've never grown potatoes before. Sure, there's tons of info on the interwebs to read about growing potatoes, but what I would really like i... Read More
    9 Comments
kchd started a discussion
ID this tree - Found in Alabama on an island in Lake Guntersville. This looks like it's in the plum, pear or apple family to me. Leaves are large (typicall... Read More
    3 Comments
kchd started a discussion
Mystery vine in Alabama - This woody vine was found growing in shade on a small island in Lake Guntersville. Leaves are opposite. It sprawls across the ground like Mi... Read More
    5 Comments
kchd started a discussion
herbaceous forest plant - Found in Alabama, island on Lake Guntersville in the shade. I've seen this plant many times before but can't recall what it is.
    3 Comments
kchd started a discussion
Herbaceous vine in AL - This vine is growing on an island in Lake Guntersville, AL. It's herbaceous, very hairy / fuzzy on leaves and stems. Leaves are alternate.
    2 Comments
kchd started a discussion
Unknown tree or shrub in AL - This tree (potentially a shrub) is growing on an island in Lake Guntersville, AL. Multi stems (1") resprouting from old dead growth. Le... Read More
    3 Comments
Show More Events...