8 Posts
labeachberry started a discussion
Keeping hummers and other birds away from a backyard mirror - I have a garden corner next to a wall which gets no direct sunlight and very little reflected light. The plants there have languished in the... Read More
    Comment
labeachberry started a discussion
How can I "pinch to an upward facing bud"? - I have a 3-year-old manzanita that's getting too dense/bushy for my taste, so I want it to start directing more of its energy toward vertica... Read More
    18 Comments
labeachberry started a discussion
Using compost with ferns native to California? - I would like to plant, along a north facing wall in my yard, a few different types of ferns that are said to grow naturally along the West C... Read More
    3 Comments
labeachberry started a discussion
About how many plugs from a 1 gallon pot of grass? - I'll be buying clumps of grass (leymus) in a few one-gallon pots from a nursery because it isn't available in 2-inch plugs. I'd rather not p... Read More
    3 Comments
labeachberry started a discussion
Likely blackberry purple blotch. What now? - I'd like to know what others growing blackberries have done when hit with a blackberry fungal disease. Today I compared the infection I saw ... Read More
    Comment
labeachberry started a discussion
Screening plant growing in full shade? - We'd like to screen off a restaurant parking lot with open dumpsters that sits behind the narrow backyard of our Southern California two-sto... Read More
    5 Comments
labeachberry started a discussion
Setting seed - I must have been home sick the day this topic was covered in kindergarten, because I've looked now at quite a number of gardening books whic... Read More
    2 Comments
labeachberry started a discussion
Blackberry pests in Los Angeles ? - I've recently moved home to LA after years elsewhere, most recently Atlanta. During the last year there, I bought marionberry plants from a ... Read More
    2 Comments