56 Posts
marc5 started a discussion
Please ID this tomato stem problem - I would appreciate any help identifying this tomato stem problem. I call it a problem because I don't know if this is the result of a diseas... Read More
    3 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
Calcium, hard water, pH - The last 2 years I grew a tomato each year in a 20 gallon tote with Al's 5-1-1. I added Osmocote to the mix. As my water is quite hard an... Read More
1 Like    11 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
Picking William's Pride this week - I'm picking William's Pride apples this week. I think it's a fantastic apple, especially since it is the first variety to ripen in my orcha... Read More
    5 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
Looking for hickory scionwood - I recently discovered some older posts by treebird101 and others regarding hickories. Since I have yet to learn how to message fellow membe... Read More
    4 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
Rain gutter strawberries - I'm planning to plant strawberries in rain gutters this spring, using 5-1-1 and drip irrigation. Anyone in this group of knowledgeable folk... Read More
1 Like    17 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
Drip irrigation hot water? - I am planning to grow strawberries in rain gutters in my hoop house. I will be adding drip irrigation. I am wondering about the temperatur... Read More
    1 Comment
marc5 started a discussion
Blackberries in the age of SWD - It seems that spotted wing Drosophila is making blackberry culture very difficult. Last fall I attended a university field day and saw a bag... Read More
    22 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
G.30 breakage - Just wanted to pass along to my friends here my experience with G.30 apple rootstock. Two of my 4-year-old G.30 trees broke last summer at t... Read More
    2 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
Ate our last Fuji yesterday - We ate our last Fuji apple yesterday morning for breakfast. It was slightly wrinkled, but still had decent texture and great flavor. Pretty ... Read More
    3 Comments
marc5 started a discussion
Accuracy of dig. refractometer for fruit - I recently bought a Milwaukee digital refractometer to test the brix of unfiltered maple syrup. I have not been impressed with the accuracy ... Read More
    Comment
Show More Events...