13 Posts
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Kousa Dogwood displaying fall colors. - I planted a Scarlet Fire Kousa, a relatively newer cultivar, last May (2018) that leafed out with its fall colors, and has still not greened... Read More
    1 Comment
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Orido Nishiki lost its variegation. - I planted this 4 years ago and it always leafed out variegated. It was shaded by a pear tree, that expectedly fell apart around Thanksgivin... Read More
    4 Comments
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Ruby Slippers have not leafed out yet - I planted 9 Ruby Slippers, 3 on the North side of the house and 6 facing East. All are close to the foundation and in partial shade. We ha... Read More
    10 Comments
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Sourwood not leafed out - I planted a 4 ft Sourwood two years ago. It leafed out last year, however nothing this year and now its late May. I am in 6 A, clay soil. ... Read More
    15 Comments
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Silver Sword Azalea - Does any one have any experience withe these? I was looking to plant 4 in from of some English Boxwoods, so their mature height would need ... Read More
    Comment
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Jelena Witch Hazel - I posted this in the shrub forum, but seeing as how witch hazels and Parrotia are part of the same family, I am trying my luck here too. S... Read More
    1 Comment
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Jelena Witch Hazel - So I planted two Jelena Witch hazels in Fall 2014. I am in Zone 6, Northern New Jersey, clay soil. They are planted approx 100 feet apart. O... Read More
    12 Comments
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Morris Blue Korean Pine - Does anyone have any experience with this? I have seen one at a local nursery that is in a 3 gallon pot. It looks more green than blue, but ... Read More
    12 Comments
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Daniellow Arborvitae snow load - I just got a 3 foot Daniellow. I made sure to pick a single leader. The sales man said that it will most definitely develop multiple leaders... Read More
    8 Comments
rogerzone6 started a discussion
Golde Deodar Cedar Zone Hardiness - So we finally replaced our dying Purple Leaf Plum. Wish i knew 9 years ago what I know now. I bought a Golden Deodar at a local nursery in N... Read More
    4 Comments
Show More Events...