100 Posts
shp123 started a discussion
Are these cuttings rooted? - This is my first time growing fig cuttings. Do they look like they are rooting?
    12 Comments
shp123 started a discussion
Growing sweet potatoes next year??? - I am planning to grow some sweet potatoes next year. I can't help notice that the cost of sweet potato slips are quite expensive. For exam... Read More
    13 Comments
shp123 started a discussion
Unripen fig jam? - Came across a recipe for the unripen figs. Anyone have experience? Is it worth the time? I harvested about 50 of the green figs after a c... Read More
    1 Comment
shp123 started a discussion
Starting a CSA? - We started our small scale vegetable farming this year on 1/2 acre of our property. The 1/2 acre includes a small orchard, a berry patch, a... Read More
    3 Comments
shp123 started a discussion
Fig newbie... iso of cuttings - We have this mature fig tree at the house we moved into 2 years ago. I don't know the variety. Given that it is in the ground and we did n... Read More
2 Likes    7 Comments
shp123 started a discussion
How to control weed on a farm or large veggie garden - we have a large vegetable garden that is 100x250'. We grow different types of vegetables for our own (2 of us) use and with the intention t... Read More
    16 Comments
shp123 started a discussion
Anyone with experience on Tree collard ? - Has anyone in nj grow this perenial vegetable Successfully? I know in my zone 7a, it is on the border. Not sure if I should plant in the g... Read More
    Comment
shp123 started a discussion
Butternut and Burgess buttercup - I have a few of these growing in the field. Because they are sprawling and I have high weed grass, it is difficult to see the young fruit fo... Read More
    1 Comment
shp123 started a discussion
Do you have success in growing choy sum, bok choy,Chinese broccoli - Hi all, I have been trying to grow these Chinese greens for quite a few years. Always in spring and most of the time they all bolted before ... Read More
    16 Comments
shp123 started a discussion
Potato bettles -help! - since I moved last year, I am gardening vegetables in my new house for the first time. i have never encountered these potato beetles before... Read More
    3 Comments
Show More Events...