Houzz Inc., the leading platform for home renovation and design, today launched Sketch within its free app for Android™. With Sketch, users can select any of the more than eight million retina-quality photos on the Houzz® platform, or take one of their own, to add products from the Houzz Marketplace, and annotate photos with a number of tools, including stickers, for easy communication. Sketch also allows for real-time collaboration, where multiple people can simultaneously annotate the same photo.
Users flip through more than one billion photos on Houzz apps every month. Sketch makes design planning with photos easy and fun, by enabling users to:
- Add Products to Any Photo -- Users can select any of the products and materials on Houzz and place them directly into any photo, allowing them to experiment with home decor options. The size and position of the items can be adjusted as desired. When ready, users can tap the product to learn more information, including where to purchase the item.
- Collaborate with Multiple People on a Single Image -- Users can save their updated Sketches to their Houzz ideabooks to easily share input and ideas with family, friends and professionals on a single image, at the same time. With push notifications, everyone stays up to speed whenever a Sketch is updated and multiple users can even make edits to a Sketch simultaneously.
- Make Notes Directly on Photos -- Users can write, type or sketch on any image, whether to circle a design feature that inspires them, note the dimensions of a room, or sketch where they envision adding a new picture window.
- Get expressive with Stickers -- Users can select from over 150 stickers to make quick and simple notes of things they like and areas they would like to change, as well as to insert placeholders for products, materials and features they would like to add to the space.
- Work with Mood Boards and Floor Plans -- Homeowners and professionals can take charge of their design vision by selecting any of the two dozen available Sketch Canvases to create mood boards and floor plans in an easy and lightweight way.
To start Sketch’ing, users simply tap the Sketch button on any photo on Houzz or upload a photo to an ideabook.
The Houzz app is available for download on Google Play™ here. Click here for screenshots.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
Houzz is the leading platform for home renovation and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish – online or from a mobile device. From decorating a small room to building a custom home and everything in between, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement professionals across the country and around the world. With the largest residential design database in the world and a vibrant community empowered by technology, Houzz is the easiest way for people to find inspiration, get advice, buy products and hire the professionals they need to help turn their ideas into reality. Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, Houzz also has international offices in London, Berlin, Sydney, Moscow and Tokyo. Houzz and the Houzz logo are registered trademarks of Houzz Inc. worldwide. For more information, visit houzz.com.au.