ant_chewy123

Loungeroom textile/decor advice - fix my current palette

Footi
9 months ago

This is our current living room situation. Is there anything I can do to fix the situation without getting rid of any pieces? We have a grey rug on top of jarrah floors, oak coffee table and dark wood tv unit. I know it's wrong but I really don't want to get rid of any furniture. I'm open to sanding back and painting the dark wood tv unit. I know we've got a problem here with mixture of cool and warm colours. What textiles and decor pieces currently available would work to tie it all together? Don't worry about the budget. We would like an Australiana/Coastal/Modern feel.

Comments (5)

• Julie Herbert
    9 months ago

There is a new paint called Frenchchic, no sanding or primer, comes in great colours, recommend by Cherie Barber that you could use to change tv unit, Norsu Interiors have beautiful decor items and the best cushions , Mona for stunning vases and bowls, choose a few designer pieces that give an interest, gorgeous lamps, apart from the tv unit that needs a tweek, your colour scheme works for modern coastal.

• Footi
    Original Author
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

Thanks a lot Julie. I'll have a look into what colours there are to do the tv cabinet in. Our coffee table actually used to be a really dark stained wood colour too, but during lockdown I sanded it back and then white washed it. I was going to do the same with the tv cabinet, but it was a bit of work and I'm not sure I'm prepared to do that again haha

• Julie Herbert
    9 months ago

Yes it is all the preparation that you need to do before starting is so daunting, maybe these new paints could be your answer, you may find a colour that blends in with your theme of coastal, have a look at this line of paints also, chalk paint is all the rage, you could get a washed look , have a look at a few videos of Annie Sloan. Could be an easier and simpler fix than all that prep work.

• dairy_maid
    9 months ago

you need to add both texture items (sheepskin, cowhide, fur, etc) and some pattern items (cushions (you can pick up the colour of the dark wood in that and avoid having to paint), throws, artwork, lamps, etc))

• Kate
    last month

Gorgeous creatures why are you responding to old posts?