terrig212

Entryway staircase…from the backside?

Terri
2 months ago

We’re working with an architect to design a new two-storey house. For practical reasons, the front entry will open into the underside of the stairs. I don’t mind this, but I’m left wondering: do I have a closet facing the front entrance, closets along the hallway or a mix of both?

Closets along hallway
A mix of both
Closet facing front entrance

Comments (9)

• dreamer
    2 months ago

Or keep it open. Depends on the construction type of stairs, open or filled in stairs? Contemporary or traditional?

• Kate
    2 months ago

A cupboard door is not a welcoming view opposite an entry Hall table artwork plants…

• dreamer
    2 months ago

Can you post a floor plan of entry for context of the space?

• Terri
    Original Author
    2 months ago

This is the front entrance.

• Terri
    Original Author
    2 months ago

@dreamer, the construction will be filled in stairs, traditional with open wood treads and probably some kind of runner to give my dog traction.

• Kate
    2 months ago

The storage under would be accessed from side of stairs. Next to front door put a little pedestal or shelf to drop keys. I would leave the stair wall facing front door blank or add wallpaper

• dreamer
    2 months ago

Thanks for the plan. My vote storage along hallway.

• PRO
    Kitchen and Home Sketch Designs
    last month

Storage along under stairs but at the entry door end leave a space for a table and put down spot with plant and or bowl for keys. Part of the storage can be mud room arrangement behind doors: kids sch bags, shoes, coats dog lead etc, etc. Love to see finished pix!! Margot