hzdeleted_546347

Wesley Hall upholstery

User
16 years ago

I am looking for two club chairs that are on the smaller side. I found a very nice one in a Henredon, but their fabric choices are not good and I couldn't find anything that would work.

Can anyone tell me how the quality of Wesley Hall compares. I did find a small club chair in their line and also a fabric that would work. I think I must have picked one of their more expensive fabrics ($85. per yard) and so the price is right up there with a Henredon chair.

How nice is their tailoring? This fabric would require expert matching to look good. Do they still use bias cording or are they now doing it on a straight grain?

Comments (24)

• mactruck
    16 years ago

I have a Wesley Hall Sofa, with an upholstered chair as well as a Leather Chair & Ottoman. Wonderful quality and attention to detail. I love my set.

They are a family owned business which I find these type of businesses focus on quality. Not quantity like most corporate juggernauts of the furniture industry.

I think they're stuff is great but I'll let others chime in with they're experiences.

• perky_2
    16 years ago

I ordered a Wesley Hall sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman about a year and a half ago. All pieces came with issues. The furniture store agreed that the pieces had major issues and took them back. The manager of the store said they had started having issues with the company. The furniture was pricey and I was dissapointed. The issues were that the backs of the sofa and love seat were separating (alot) the seats were not even (or even close), the fabric did not line up and was not an exact match to the sample, and there was discoloration in the chair (about an orange size). After close to six months of waiting, I was so dissapointed.

Others on the HD board have had better luck and I have seen some beautiful pieces on their threads and they were very pleased. I decided to go with a different company and am pleased with my CR Laine sofa and chair.

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks .

Perky, does your CR Laine furniture have a heavy frame? How does it compare in weight with the Wesley Hall. When I compared the weight of the Henredon chair with a Thomasville chair, the Henredon was a lot heavier.I also noticed that thomasville was not putting the cording in on the bias so you don't get as smooth a line around corners.

• B Goldyguy
    8 years ago

We have been totally disappointed with Wesley Hall furniture. We ordered 4 pieces for our family room, comprising of two matching sofas, an ottoman and chair.. We had 3 defects - only the ottoman was produced correctly. The trim on the sofas was all applied too tightly so it bunched up and looked totally puckered across the bottom. The chair had an insufficient amount of filling so it showed a deep crevice near the top center. To their benefit, the sales rep did come out and agreed with the problems -- even noticed that the cushions weren't the right size as well. Wesley Hall picked up the pieces and returned them a few weeks later. We see little improvement -- the skirt on one sofa is better, the chair still has the crevice from insufficient stuffing and we now have a hole in the bottom of one of our sofa linings. I know Wesley Hall has a good reputation . . but, needless to say, we will not be purchasing their products again.

• shepherdkisses
    7 years ago

I was thinking of ordering the Irving chair from Wesley Hall. I will probably skip it now. It seems there is no quality to be had in the furniture business anymore. I bought a couch and chair from H & M (Hancock) and have trouble with both. Geez.

• lori fellows
    6 years ago

Do not purchase from Wesley Hall or Chestnut Hall, in Germantown, TN. Accountability from them about an inferior product will leave you questioning your good sense.

• lori fellows
    6 years ago

The are not about accountability. Everything that happened will be blamed on the consumer. 4-6 weeks in is definitely a quality issue!!!!!

• lori fellows
    6 years ago

Hello Chestnut Hall or Wesley Hall???????????????

excuses, explanations, accountability,,,,,,,,,anything?????

• hellomollydolly
    5 years ago

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was going to place a rather large order with Wesley Hall but will continue my search.

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    5 years ago

Their is a common misconception that the heavier a frame is means its a better stronger frame. Upholstery Frames in general are getting heavier because most manufacturers are switching to plywood frames. Plywood is heavier than solid hardwood, because of all the glue that is required to hold the plys together, plus it takes more plywood in a frame to make it as strong as a solid hardwood frame would be. Fact vs Fiction.

• lori fellows
    5 years ago

Best advice,, do not use either! WAY over—priced for such inferior quality. The fabric has lost color, frayed, and worn to the point of wanting reupholstering now.

• nilatc
    5 years ago

Just received two Wesley Hall chairs style Devon. There is a pulled thread across one arm on each chair. I have been told by Wesley Hall there is not a problem and they will do nothing to help me. The chairs were fairly expensive. More than a similar Ethan Allen chair would have been. Wish I had ordered the Ethan Allen Chairs.

• bluegenemom
    4 years ago

I bought a Wesley Hall set in the 90’s. It stood the test of time with it’s quality of stitching, durability, comfort, and stain resistance. If I could buy an exact replica right now I would. I had three kids and a dog who used it regularly.

• Ms Lana
    4 years ago

Thinking of ordering sofa and Etta swivel chair and ottoman. I have hesitated as I was originally looking for a swivel recliner and that’s a hard thing to find. I want a classy streamlined chair that’s comfortable and doesn’t look like a parka jacket. Any options?

• hellomollydolly
    4 years ago

Ms Lana, Jessica Charles has awesome swivel chairs. I’m ordering two Delta swivel rockers, they sit better than the Wesley Hall Houston chairs I was going to order and I’m saving $800 per chair! It was a no brainer for me!

• Ms Lana
    4 years ago

thank you, will follow up on that option!

• HU-850483001
    3 years ago

I have a Wesley Hall sofa for sale if anyone is interested I will send you details.

• saratogarene
    3 years ago

I'm a designer and have had my sectional and 2 chairs since the 90's with 2 young boys. The furniture is still going strong...love them!

• Sam Robi
    2 years ago

shepherdkisses Did you find a good brand? I'm so discouraged with furniture, at least upholstered pieces. Quality is just not there anymore. If you've found a quality brand, let us know!

• Juliana Tibbet
    last year

Have owned the Wesley Hall Camden sofa(s) for 12 years three houses and a whole lotta wear...it's time for a face lift but i am not letting the sofa's go they are wonderful and beautifully made

• hellomollydolly
    last year

I just got my Wesley Hall sofa and two Houston swivel chairs and am amazed by the quality! I won’t buy any other brand now!

• Amy P
    8 months ago

I bought 2 Wesley Hall sofas this year and they are wonderful, in general. one issue - first time we sat on 100” sofa, we heard a rip. the fabric is coming ouf from where it was attached. You can fit your hand through it. I contacted the seller (Scherer’s in Bflo, NY, and was told it was not a big deal but to watch to see if it gets worse. That surprised me, consider considering the cost.

• Amy P
    8 months ago

I purchased two WH sofas (they arrived 11 mos. later - in the Speing of 2023) and am thrilled with them overall except that, the first time we sat on the 100” sofa, we heard a tear and found that the fabric was coming undone underneath where it was attched between the back and the seat. You can fit your hand through it. I called the vendor - Scherer’s in Bfo NY - and they said it was not a big deal and to watch it to see if it gets worse. I was surprised by that response, especially considering the price.

Sponsored