webuser_156322

Paint colour for porcelanosa Japan range

K D
7 years ago
Hi I think I have decided on the porcelanosa Japan tiles for our bathroom, but only half the walls are tiled, so I need a paint colour to match the tiles. Anyone found one they would recommend? Am going the marine on the floor, bianca on the walls with a couple of vertical runs of marine through taps / flush etc. Thanks.

Comments (9)

• kraymer
    7 years ago

A dark matt gray would be a very contemporary choice

• K D
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you, I was thinking grey too, had thought maybe lighter (like the dulux cobweb one) but good idea to try darker too. Can you recommend any colour names?
  • PRO
    fraser bathrooms
    7 years ago
    Hi

I have just fitted these last week and they look really good. They are a strange colour and actualy apear a bit beige / gold as well as white.

The thing about these tiles is you need strong lighting to get light to reflect off them for full effect. Unfortunately if you dont fully tile you will not get the effect . If you message me I can send photos of the job I have just done. These tiles are ultra high gloss so are not going to sit well with matt paint. You will need a lot of match pots to find an ideal colour!
  • PRO
    fraser bathrooms
    7 years ago
    Paint shops are great but these tiles are a different colour depending if they are horizontal or vertical ie on the wall. They will change colour depending on lighting and type of floor tiles.

In your picture they appear beige as in my photos but in the flesh are not . These are very difficult tiles to match with paint !
  • PRO
    Heritage Developmnets (NI ) Ltd
    7 years ago

Paint shop can suggest options that sit best between changing direction... There will be a base colour within the tile... best to work in tandem with that.

• Caffy R
    7 years ago

You might be better matching with the floor tiles to marry it all together? I can't quite tell from the web what shade of brown the marine is - but have a look at Dulux Rich Praline or Soft Truffle.

• kraymer
    7 years ago

Farrow & Ball do nice shades of Gray or try Earthbourn if you are looking for more eco friendly paints in egg shell

• K D
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks all, some really good advice here. Fraser will attempt to message you as would love to see more pics, thank you. Hadn't thought about full tiling but it's s small shower room we are doing so that may be good advice, thank you.