Kitchen backsplash
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Help with choosing a kitchen spashback
Comments (21)I think we are going to use the white subway tile to keep the budget down as I priced new tiles and it would blow out the budget. Really like the contrast grout idea to add a bit of texture and pattern. My partner is a builder and he loves the reclaimed wood shelf idea as we have a lot of spear old wood left over from the renovation. We have made a dinning table and fire place mantel from it already so it would tie in really well....See More1940's NZ kitchen - small, awkward-ish layout.
Comments (121)I would suggest you take out the cabinet that is to the right of the stove and use it elsewhere in the house -- perhaps in the bathroom or dining room with a hutch above it. Then, I would suggest you have someone install a lazy susan cabinet in the corner between the sink counter and the stove, meaning you would move the stove down a bit and have a small cabinet/counter top to the right of the stove. I would suggest you have the cabinets refinished in white and then paint the walls a pastel you like. If you would prefer white walls, then add white-painted crown molding and paint the ceiling a light neutral blue, such as Sherwin Williams Niagara Falls Blue. Then, I would suggest you choose a favorite accent color and use this sparingly in accessories like towels, pot holders, small vases or floral arrangements, and a valence above the triple windows. For a genuine 1940s look, you might have white ceramic square tiles with a rectangular red border installed as a back splash behind and above the stove. If you are replacing counter tops, I would suggest a light color such as white with a beige or light grey vein or striation for some sort of pattern. You might be able to find the same color and design in floor tile OR opt for a wood floor as another poster suggested....See MoreKitchen Decor & Lighting
Comments (14)Beautiful clean modern kitchen! You have a great opportunity to put your personal stamp on the space with a unique backsplash. As you've heard already there are some different approaches. I'd probably place the backsplash up to the wall cabinets and up to the base of the hood. Then continue the backsplash at the same height (18"?) behind the sink. Then place an inspiring colorful picture above the sink to break up the wall. Here's a picture with pendants that aren't too obtrusive. Having multiple levels of lighting at different lumens makes a more inviting feel to the space. I couldn't decipher your flooring, but you may also want to consider adding some nature elements like a type of wood flooring, wood stools, etc. Good luck! If you need software to plan out materials check out our Home Designer software: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...See MoreModernising my kitchen
Comments (8)Rather than removing the edging, I would add to its width and this wil make the cabinetry look custom and paint it white. I would also keep the corner shelving and replace your accessories - one item/shelf and related to each other. You could add a great fixture instead of the pot light, change the faucet and hardware. Suggest carrarra marble backsplash (don't put the rack back up behind stove) and there are so many pattern choices. It's also interesting how they have laid the tile in the last picture, which I think would work really well with your set up and will save a bit of money on marble. A dark quartz or granite would be complimentary and warm up all of the white. [houzz=]; [houzz=https://www.houzz.com/photos/6-via-aragon-san-antonio-parade-of-homes-contemporary-kitchen-austin-phvw-vp~1042542];[[houzz=]...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago


















Home Interiors with Ease