tophopstop

Anyone have experience with Mannington Spill Shield laminate flooring?

tophopstop
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I’m replacing engineered maple flooring (Mirage) and carpet in my kitchen/dining and living rooms. I’d love to do Mirage again but my budget doesn’t allow it. I’m considering Mannington Adura Max vinyl plank or Mannington Spill Shield laminate. I like the Adura for its comfort underfoot but I’m finding that the choices seem to be too busy for my taste. I really prefer the laminate. They’re both Mannington products and I’ve seen a lot of reviews that claim that they don’t honor their warranties concerning defective product. Has anyone installed either these floors, and if so, how have they held up? Have you had any issues with defective product and if so, was Mannington responsive? I’ve attached a few pics of my samples. The laminate is at the top and the vinyl below.

Comments (10)

• brittany martin
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I love this color.. we are acutally going through all of this trying to figure out which is best with kids/dogs/kitchen etc.. laminate, LVP, etc...I have been looking at the mannington collection resortation styles. Im afraid it will look/feel cheap and sound echoy. thats why i personally haven't pulled the trigger to tearing up our tile in the kitchen. but our carpet is way over due to be pulled up.... ahh... so many decisons when making this choice. did you decide on this floor? post a pic. id love to see it. I love it has the perfect shades of natural and darker tones that way its not to light or to dark, and can use browns or grays with it for your furniture or decor.

• Jamie Pace
    5 years ago

Brittany, I was also looking at the Mannington Restoration laminate, but have decided against it. We are looking for a lighter color flooring and have found what we want in AtroGuard laminate. It seems to have a better locking system than the Mannington, and it has the same 72 hour surface water protection promise that the Mannington has. We are going to order a full box of Sunkissed Acre to put together and look at for a few weeks. I will also do some surface water, stain and dent test on it as I did on the Mannington Restoration. The Mannington did pass those with flying colors I might add. I just like the locking system and availability of lighter colors in the AtroGuard product. There are some reviews of the AtroGuard on their FB page and also on Houzz. I did contact several people that had reviews on the AtroGuard FB page, and they all gave it great reviews.

The AtroGuard has several patterns that have the brown and gray undertones. You might find one that you like.

• PRO
    Mannington
    5 years ago

Thank you for considering Mannington! We have a wide range of colors and styles in laminate flooring, and the Restoration Collection does carry the 72 hour warranty. Also, we are a 104-year old company based in the USA and all our laminate flooring is made right here in High Point, North Carolina. Please reach out if you have specific questions, we are happy to help guide you to the perfect floor!

• brittany martin
    5 years ago

Kitty, thank you for the comment. Everytime I mention laminate to people they look at me like I am crazy b/c I tell them i have two kids and a dog, they keep trying to get me to go the LVP route, which is fine, but I have friends in the same situation as me with laminate and they have no problems. I like colors in laminate better than LVP.. so were still searching for the right choice. I will look into AtroGuard.

• Katie
    4 years ago

We installed Mannington Restorations in half our main floor in October 2017 and the rest in April 2018. I had only good things to say about it until we got a puppy in June 2019. It never looked dirty & really didn't get dirty, even with 3 small kids, didn't scratch or dent. Sometimes the kids would spill and we wouldn't see it until it dried because of the color of the floor and it didnt matter. Then we got a puppy. If the dog pees it cant sit for even a minute or it will warp the floor. We have 4 spots in our house now with bubbled/warped edges and mannington says it's because pet urine molecules are smaller than water. I'm not sure what "pet friendly" means or what mannington considers a "pet mess", but I would definitely not buy these if you have animals.

• Nancy
    3 years ago

Pet urine particles are smaller than water? That’s total crap. So now I know not to get Mannington for my cat loving home.

• Mark Wasser
    2 years ago

DO NOT USE THIS GARBAGE. THE WARRANTY IS A FRAUD. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT WATER RESISTANT NOR WATER PROOF FOR 72 MINUETS LET ALONE 72 HOURS! IF YOU HAVE ANY LIVING BEINGS IN THE HOME THIS PRODUCT IS NOT SUITABLE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY. A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS IN ORDER!

• HU-463305179
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I agree, purchased mine 7 yrs ago. Floor was and has a beautiful look. Microbevels enhance the look of wood but it enhances exposure to moisture, rippling and chipping if something hits it just right. And you CAN SEE IT. You have to live in the desert, have no animalas, drink no water, not even use a spray bottle and a microfiber cloth to clean. if i had to do it all over again….LVP or sheet vinyl…lol!!

i might would consider the floor again if it were WATERPROOF, but spill shield…nah! You cannot find videos, samples etc. of it. i found one video where the installed applied with a little bottle on cut edges (that was against walls or under door frames…really?

If they made their images on a poly rigid core… they would probably sell out.

I will never buy laminate again ever, no one i know of has ever had floors that look the same 5 years in…all with similar experiences.

• Mark Wasser
    2 years ago

DO NOT BELIEVE MANNINGTON'S POST! THEIR RESTORATION PRODUCT IS GARBAGE! IT IS NOT WATER RESISTANT FOR 72 SECONDS LET ALONE 72 HOURS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I MADE!

Sponsored