angelavdh995

Window treatments that wont hide the woodwork

Ang
5 years ago

I am in the process of re-doing the trim in our old folk Victorian. I love the trim we decided on. My current window treatments hide the woodwork. Any ideas on how to show it off but still have privacy? I was debating cellular shades with a scarf for the long windows and normal drapes for the bow window?. But I don't want to look cheap. Dont mind the bow window the replacement was just installed so it's not finished yet (it will be dark to match the long 1). I would prefer a more modern look.

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Home & Decor Hub
    5 years ago

Hi,

if You want to keep privacy, and at the same time, open natural windows, then opt for rollover curtains day/night, I attached a photo of them.

Secondly, you can make cute modern drapery on the cornices, use stripes, layers, modern curtain lifts.

I also would paint the cornices with light off-white/gray paint, or make patina.

Best regards!

• PRO
    Acanthus Interiors
    5 years ago

My advice would be roman shades in a gorgeous fabric that compliments your wood trim. You might also want to consider a custom cushion to create a cozy window seat for the bow window.

Best of luck!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago

No curtains. Shades. Roman. Inside mount.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

If you want to keep your drapes, just extend the rod so the panels hang on the wall, not the wood work. Or hange them directly on the wall…love this treatment and, deepending on the hardware you choose, the look can be very Victorian.

• TJW
    5 years ago

We recently put in Hunter Douglas blinds that fit inside the window frame and do not cover the woodwork. The large picture window and another are motorized, the others simply slide up. The fabric selection was great, simple to luxurious (although the blinds themselves are quite simple, which was our goal).

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    5 years ago

Cellular shades compact nicely when they are alllll the way up!

Moose Meadow Lodge · More Info

You can't say that with Roman Shades.

• smileythecat
    5 years ago

Wheres fensterman when you need him/her you can't mount most blinds in in that bay window b/c of the sill depth, that makes that bay window really problematic. If both those windows are in the same room, I guess I would go outside mount in the bay window and inside on the side window, I know inconsistent but if you use the same blind, I think it would be alright, Fensterman sells a thin profile blind that can fit in places with very little sill, but it appears you have no space to work with at all.

• Ang
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    yes same room. the long windows are deep. the bow window is an issue.
Sponsored