ldso1

Lobsterplus.com

Lu D
4 years ago

Hi guys has anyone heard of or bought light fixtures from lobsterplus.com

Looks like they have some great pieces at very affordable prices. wanting to find out if it is legit before I buy!

Thanks

Comments (11)

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Sorry never heard of them most likely because they appear to be American?, you could try buying something inexpensive to see how they perform

Lu D thanked siriuskey
  • Anne Monsour
    4 years ago
    Hi Lobster , US has a different voltage so I think they would need to be rewired to Australian standards . Check the cost with your electrician .
  • siriuskey
    4 years ago

It;s actually an online Chinese store who sell to the world and in different currencies, any Australian orders would arrive to suit 220v, no extra charges, you can live chat with them

Lu D thanked siriuskey
  • tahiliani_mukul
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Hi, we bought lights from them, it’s been 6 months and we are still missing parts, it’s nothing but a nightmare to deal with these guys. I have attached a pic, so you can see the light shade difference

• Aimee M
    4 years ago

Hi, I just ordered from them and have many regrets already. Prepare to wait at least one month or longer for anything to arrive. If you are on a construction timeline this is not the way to go. I regret buying most of my new house lights from them. They don't issue returns or refunds either. I was too enticed with the beautiful images of modern lighting at a fraction of the cost. Lesson learned.

• John Yu
    3 years ago

@Aimee M Did you end up receiving the items you ordered...? How was the condition/quality? (if one is not on a strict timeline, maybe they're an OK place to shop?)

• John Yu
    3 years ago

hmm, that's good to know...! Thanks for the info, and sorry you had to go through that hassle without any good results :(

• HU-933174966
    3 years ago

Hi everyone. DON‘T TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS COMPANY!! I live in the U.S. & the site did offer two voltage options. Mine had a little US flag icon 🇺🇸. I took a chance on Lobster Plus and it’s been a huge disappointment. The company is from China. I paid $175 for a light. Yes, shipping was very slow, and the tracking links didn't work, making me nervous I’d made a mistake. The packaging was pretty cheap (thin styrofoam protection in a beat up box). The instructions were in Chinese, and I was even more nervous when the one page diagram in the box didn’t even match the light I’d purchased. Useless. After an hour of wiring and install, we flipped the light switch on to major disappointment. The LEDs in my four light fixtures lit up, but they were so dim that they didn’t even cast a ray of light that reached the floor. The light was a complete joke. We had a Master Electrician review the install and it was correct. He said that Chinese lighting companies are the worst, and unfortunately he’s seen this before. I have emailed Lobster Plus twice and have received no reply. I’m very disappointed and fear I’ve been scammed.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

• jodileffler1966
    3 years ago

Our light came in the wrong voltage! I have had no reply from 6 emails!
    DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!

• HU-933174966
    3 years ago

Update: I never received a reply from Lobster Plus (6 emails, no response from Live Chat) so I contested the charge with PayPal and got a refund! Try a chargeback if you’re not getting any replies, and your light didn’t work.