webuser_708427821

Floor replacement issues

HU-708427821
3 years ago

We have a 30 year old home that needed the old tile and carpet floors replaced. We decided on 600x600 rectified lappato tile for the main areas and a wood look vinyl for the family and main bedroom.

The tilers is now approaching the end of the job, .However, we have noticed several things that we are not happy. When we take it up with the with tiler is brushes aside our issues saying that everything is ok..

Our first concern is how easy the tiles seem to scratch. The tiles and retailer have assured us that the tiles are the toughest Grade 4 standard. However, on the box all I can see is ”1 st grade“ and “Made in China”. There is no brand on neither the boxes of tiles nor the vinyl wood. this concerns me as professionally I have had very bad experience with quality variations with both equipment and bulk food that I have purchased from China. Does anyone know where I can get my spare tiles laboratory scratch tested?

Our second problem is related to poor laying.

The attached photo shows a small piece of the vinyl wood that has been placed in a major walkway . It is very obvious to anyone who walks through. It looks like a laying fault to me. But can I get the tiler to replace it and the planks that are affected?

many thanks for you help.

fvre

Comment (1)