webuser_314403418

Quartz warranties

Robert
last year
last modified: last year

Hello,

I received 3 qoutes for kitchen quartz countertop today and they all say "Black quartz there is no warranty on it because it's hard to fabricate" Not sure if this is a standard.....?

Comments (8)

• beesneeds
    last year

What quartz manufacturers are you using? Different manufacturers can have a bit of a difference in their warranties. If it's the fabricators that are telling you they will not warranty their work, that might be a different story.

• Robert
    Original Author
    last year

MSI Sparkling Black and Silestone Stellar Night quartz. One of the fabricator respond: "We used to have it, but it was hard to fabricate (it breakes and chips easily even though it's quartz)."

• PRO
    User
    last year

I would suggest you find a Cambria trained fabricator, and use Cambria. They offer a lifetime warranty, and there are multiple black options.

Robert thanked User
  • PRO
    Harris McClain Kitchen & Bath
    last year

I sell black quartz countertops all the time and warranty is not a issue. This is your countertop fabricator that is having a issue. Find a new fabricator.

• Robert
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Thank you .I new that was something fishy about warranty statement and fabricator try to convince me to go with nano glass countertops. This is last respond from fabricator when asked for labor and material warranty.

"All slabs that are not from us don't have warranty from us (not only black quartz), ask MSI if they will provide warranty on their slabs. WIth the black quartz particularly it's all about edges, they are not as shiny as the surface, even after polish."

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

No manufacturer is going to warranty against customer abuse and letting your little red thingy hold soapy water against your engineered stone is customer abuse.

One of the manufacturers, I think it was Casearstone, recently banned "L" shaped counters, insisting upon a seam because there were too many cracked corner warranty claims. They may have changed it back.

• PRO
    User
    last year

Warranties are often not what consumers believe them to be. Nor do they cover ordinary wear and tear, including chipping. So read carefully, all of the small print, of any manufacturer’s warranty. They are all very similar.

The fabricator and his tail light warranty? Thats a reflection on his skill, and his salesmanship. Or his relationship with the wholesale suppliers.

Sponsored