What colours should I base my daughters bedroom off from this lamp?????? Id like them to be bright and vibrant. Im thinking bright pink and orange any bedding?
Go for white walls, bright turquoise ceiling and bold and patterned window treatments and rug. If the walls are too bright you won't notice the bird details in this pendant.
I love to use items like this. The walls in my open living area are bright white and the walls in my separate living room are black but I have a lot windows. I use a balance of colors in accessories and colors stand out in both rooms. If I get bored I just change some items out and pack the others away until I am bored again. I am excited to make a bird cage shade. I like to pic a main color, paint the object that color and then play with at least 2 other colors to dab on, wipe, rub in or dry brush small areas. I keep tubes of paint for this purpose. I work with it until it fits with the room. I often use fine sand paper to expose tiny bits of the original piece and, if I am not happy, I just dab on a little more paint. If I am going to add objects, such as birds, I pick my main color to show off the birds. Can't wait to get to the local flea market that is only open on weekends. Have fun !
How about using canary yellow bedding with your adorable lamp? This cheerful duvet from Serena & Lily is such a refreshing change from pastels frequently seen in girls' rooms, and it's sophisticated print has real staying power. I would keep the walls white so that the cage effect of your lamp is easily visible. http://www.serenaandlily.com/Bedding/Duvets-Marni-Duvet
Andrika King
lynandzoolings
Related Discussions
Where did you get the lights above kitchen centre bench and bars tools
Q
Do I paint out my exposed beams or not? Sliding doors?
Q
En-suite Tile Colours - Similar or Contrasting
Q
Art Deco bathroom fittings
Q
michigammemom
Little Big Bay Shop