emmelinewe

POLL: Are you a tea or coffee person?

Emmeline Westin
9 years ago
Some people are into their tea and enjoy nothing more than a strong brew in the morning. Others need coffee to function throughout the day. In the Houzz UK office, we have both camps. The tea fanatics and the coffee converts.

What's your preference? Let us know in the comments section if you're a tea or coffee drinker and how you take your hot beverage!
Tea!
Coffee!
Neither!
Both!

Comments (57)

• krf9
    9 years ago
    I voted both. For so long I was always a coffee gal, straight up and black. Until I had a terrible experience that was basically an OD on caffeine. So now I appreciate coffee, tea and decaf coffee if I'm still in the mood :)
  • ghos
    9 years ago
    Tea. Black or green with infusions...mmm
  • karelina
    9 years ago
    Herbal.
  • Kyla Belvedere
    9 years ago
    One cup of coffee in the morning, and then tea all day long for this lady!
  • PRO
    River Valley Cabinet Works
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I like both. I never liked coffee much until one of my friends served me some Gevalia. (Always bold, never bitter, which is why I don't like bad coffee). That being said, I am more of a social drinker.
  • Ciocco
    9 years ago
    Both! I love fresh brewed coffee in the morning, and a cup of tea in the evenings.
  • zweiback
    9 years ago
    Hot tea, lightened with milk and sweetened with honey all year long, but in the summer I LOVE unsweetened iced coffee with half and half - tastes like dessert!
  • User
    9 years ago
    The morning doesn't begin until I've had a cup of old fashioned drip coffee. On special occasions I get out the french press. Mid-morning it's on to green tea, afternoon I like a little Constant Comment and come dinner a nice glass of wine.
  • Heidi Kamrath
    9 years ago
    Coffee! Love, love, love my Nespresso machine! Not only is it a beautiful slim flash of red in my white kitchen, but it makes the best coffe without the fuss my old super automatic Saeco espresso machine required. A little half and half in my coffee and I'm good to go!
  • Luke Buckle
    9 years ago
    I hit tea but I meant coffee. I made this mistake because I have not had enough coffee today.
  • printesa
    9 years ago
    I like both, but the first thing I drink in the morning is my latte. A good espresso and steamed milk is the way to go:) Later in the day I make (not daily) a tea,,something fresh and fruity
  • PRO
    Davies Wallpapers Ltd
    9 years ago
    Tea all the way, my whole family's the same!
  • Charlene Earl
    9 years ago
    I drink loads of decaf iced black tea year round, supplemented with a variety of hot tea in cooler weather or if I feel unwell. I especially love Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice herbal tea.
  • Laura
    9 years ago
    I guess I am the opposite of some posters here. I have my hot tea in the morning (easier on the stomach) and love a flavored coffee (hot or iced) in the afternoon. Nothing past 3:00 pm though, or I'll have a rough night's sleep!
  • PRO
    Dawson & Clinton
    9 years ago
    coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon
  • Lyndi Forehand
    9 years ago
    Love ice tea! Finally got used to unsweetened. Can't stand hot coffee, but adore the smell. I'm a dental hygienist and I have found that hot tea stains teeth almost as bad as smoking. But not hot coffee. Go figure.
  • Angel 18432
    9 years ago
    I voted for both also. I drink tea at home, because it's made in a china mug - doesn't taste the same in a pottery cup/mug. Tea has to be Earl Grey. Also, if I have a 2nd cup, it's in a fresh mug. Drink coffee when out.
  • elklaker
    9 years ago
    There is nothing better that freshly ground coffee beans in the morning. As with my wine, I am quite picky. No previously ground for me. Love the smell and sound of it as it brews. I also enjoy a good green tea in the afternoon. Supposedly good for metabolism but, i have yet to see that!
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    9 years ago
    What ever my gal Clo makes is find with me. As long as it gots caffiene in it i really don't care what it is. It tasting good too is a plus, but not necessarily an requirement :))))
  • foreverfarm11
    9 years ago
    PEPSI!
  • User
    9 years ago
    Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all day and night. Hot and black!!
  • printesa
    9 years ago
    I'm starting to think that this is a UK group:) too many tea drinkers here:)
  • Snaggy
    9 years ago
    Tea and biccies ...yes I am English !
  • anniefrannie
    9 years ago
    Strong coffee + hot milk + ten minutes worth of p+q before the house wakes up = bliss
  • PRO
    J&E Kitchens and Cabinets
    9 years ago
    Coffee is great, just not too many a day..Love a morning brew
  • Iona
    9 years ago
    Strong decaff coffee, with a tiny splash of milk all through the day, - there is such a thing! Not knowingly drunk caffeine for a long, long time. No tea for me and I am British
  • glschisler
    9 years ago
    Diet Coke or diet Dr Pepper for me. Tea & coffee taste bitter to me. I all about the sweet taste.
  • Angel 18432
    9 years ago
    Just watched a tv show in Canada this morning on tea - Marketplace. Most teas have pesticides in them, some 22 different ones, of which 3 or more were over the safe limit suggested for safety by the agency monitoring them. No consequences for those companies that had over the limit.
    The only tea tested that didn't have any pesticides was Red Rose Pekoe tea.
    Am think of changing brands as I drink so much tea.
  • printesa
    9 years ago
    Thanks Angel for the info. It would be interesting to see if the organic teas contain any pesticides. Normally, they shouldn't
  • Janet Reeve
    9 years ago
    A good strong cup of tea. Hard to get for this Brit living in New Zealand.
  • Millie Money
    9 years ago
    I enjoy tea with lemon, it is refreshing on a hot day.
  • User
    9 years ago
    I love tea with boiled milk, tea leaves, sugar, cloves, and cinnamon and zinger. Its perfect tea combination. I think if you starting drinking this kind of tea, i am sure you will stop drinking coffee
  • pavinia
    9 years ago
    I voted for both which will be surprising to the Houzz UK office, considering my 8 cups of tea a day minimum, but I do love the occasional cappuccino or espresso!
  • paulineelawson
    9 years ago
    I think it depends on the night I've had that determines what drink I have in the morning.
  • Hulya Erdal
    9 years ago
    herbal please!
  • Laraine Clarke
    9 years ago
    I must have coffee in the morning. There is nothing better than enjoying a latte whilst snuggling in a sofa at my favourite coffee shop, but I also have a WOW coffee cart at home with a WOW coffee machine. I can make good coffee for all occasions, but my latte art is pants.
  • Jenny Watson
    9 years ago
    coffee all the way. latte, mocha, cappuccino, espresso... love it in all forms. add a little shake of nutmeg and it's perfection in a mug for me
  • bluebird0211
    9 years ago
    Coffee! I love the smell of it and the taste of it. I love meeting friends for coffee, I love brewing a pot in the late afternoon and sipping a cup before my kids get home from school. I especially love a cup on a cold, drizzly rainy day. In fact I'm thinking a cup sounds pretty good right now as I scroll through Houzz!
  • Gemma Smith
    9 years ago
    I've been a massive tea fan for a very long time. I can remember drinking luke warm tea from a beaker as a child. I find tea very comforting and when I'm having a hard day, endless cups of tea help me get through it. Having said that I've recently discovered the joy of coffee. My housemate co-wrote the London coffee guide and he's been introducing me to the art of making proper coffee.
  • Nicole Little
    9 years ago
    Teaaaaaaa, but it must be with cake or its not the same :)
  • User
    9 years ago
    Gotta be tea for me... as I sit with mug in hand... ;-)
  • Karen Ginas
    9 years ago
    Haha. Hubby thinks I am crazy because I have to have a cup of tea (with milk ) before my coffee in the morning. My only cup of coffee. And Kava tea at 3pm.
  • Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Had to Google Kava tea- sounds like a great beverage to have before going to bed :)
  • PRO
    Ankur Supekar
    9 years ago
    Hot coffee and black tea for me.
  • PRO
    Wallboss
    9 years ago
    Coffee for me, although tea is also nice
  • PRO
    IQ Allied American Industries ltd
    9 years ago
    Definitely a coffee person!
  • PRO
    Naken Interiors
    9 years ago
    Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon for me!
  • PRO
    Landscape Design by James Brunton-Smith Limited
    9 years ago
    I was convinced coffee would win.......I need one now!
  • Superman Fan
    last year

Coffee of course, team Coffee all the way. Tea just tastes like water in my opinion, if you got a glass of water from the tap, it would be the same LOL

I would find it nearly impossible too go without my coffee and drink it all the time. I have about 1 - 4 cups a day.