Too tidy with no design in our living room
14 years ago
last modified: 14 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (43)
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
Related Discussions
Kitchen and Living Room thoughts
Comments (17)Like your space and choice of green. Like the green in the kitchen you referred us to. Looks a little darker or less yellow than one you did with Photoshop? You have the same issue as many of us, for one reason or another we end up trying to blend two disparate styles. The couches say man's room, formal, brown wood to me. Your room, kitchen and fireplace say much lighter in colors , style and spirit! If you try to blend the two you will end up with neither. Your purchases to go with the couches will just add to things pushing you in a direction you don't appear to want to go! I'd suggest you find some sofa covers, or even bed coverlets if you can't get covers to put over the couches. I like the colors in the fireplace. Please tell us more about what styles you like....See MoreLiving room furniture dilemma
Comments (4)Thank you for ideas the room is little dark in day but I love the night effect, we are repainting so could look at half the tone of current colour, the chairs I have in the room are silver. The photo does not reflect this, wonder if gold would be odd the stone sofa has metal legs, the house is 1970 ContempOry but I love to mix old and new, and wanting elegant French look, what type of comfy chairs should I get to match sofa and where would they best fit, do you think the armoire go next to fire.? with our old settee should I keep this single chair but cover it? I wonder if it too bulky? Also the leather chair is brown should I keep this in the room or not. the mirror above chairs is silver and gold frame should I shift it /paint it /leave it and add tall lamp in this ares to make reading corner, and can pull in chairs when have guests? The oak cabinet is a keeper have I got this in the best position, I appreciate all ideas....See MoreLiving room design
Comments (2)A quick fix for the dining room would be to center your dining room table in the dining room area. You can define this room a bit more clearly by adding a chandelier centered above the table. For the living room, the loveseat can remain on where it is, but pull it away from the wall. Move the loveseat so it more to the right, it does not need to be centered under the window. Place the larger 3 seater couch along the wall where the coffee table currently stands. It should rest under the window about a foot away from the wall. Place the side table at the corner between the now perpendicular sofas and center the coffee table in the room. This will give you space for a nice entertainment unit where the large sofa previously stood. Alternatively you could place a credenza here to store your dining room dishes or additional storage. Lower the painting on the wall to eye level so the center of the painting is at 54" above the finished floor. Purchasing new window treatments or drapery panels that coordinate with a new throw and cushions for the sofas will tie the elements of the space together and make it more cohesive....See MoreHelp! Living room dilemma
Comments (29)I am planning to add scatter cushions and think if I do a pair of larger ones for each end so they go over the arms to creat height at each end, and a couple of smaller ones, I want to bring some colour in too. I do like the idea of a larger side light at either end to, Switching the sofas is going to be my final fix if all else fails!!...See More- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 14 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
















michigammemom